PDA

View Full Version : The Gospel According to Justin Bieber

Teh One Who Knocks
09-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Tessa Stuart - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/8owX2HI.jpg

Justin Bieber sat down for a interview with Complex recently, and shit got pretty heavy, man. One gets the distinct sense this dude has been pondering some deep. questions.

And I’m happy to report: he’s found some answers too! In the Lord, mostly.

On love:

Love is a choice. Love is not a feeling. People have made it seem in movies that it’s this fairy tale. That’s not what love is. You’re not gonna want to love your girl sometimes but you’re gonna choose to love her. That’s something in life that I had to figure out.

On science:

Science makes a lot of sense. Then I start thinking—wait, the “big bang.” For a “big bang” to create all this is more wild to think about than thinking about there being a God. Imagine putting a bunch of gold into a box, shaking up the box, and out comes a Rolex. It’s so preposterous once people start saying it.

On Jesus:

I just wanna honestly live like Jesus. Not be Jesus—I could never—I don’t want that to come across weird. [Ed: … ] He created a pretty awesome template of how to love people and how to be gracious and kind. If you believe it, he died for our sins. Sometimes when I don’t feel like doing something, but I know it’s right, I remember, I’m pretty sure Jesus didn’t feel like going to the cross and dying so that we don’t have to feel what we should have to feel.

On God:

It’s like a girlfriend. If I have an awesome, bomb girlfriend, I’m gonna wanna show her off and go around and tell people my girl is the shit. I’m not gonna cheat on her because she’s the best. It’s like with God: The whole thing with religion is you present yourself holy and bring your offerings so that God can bless you, when the whole point of the relationship [should be], “No, I’m gonna do this because he loves me.”

Christians, and himself:

Christians leave such a bad taste in people’s mouths, even myself. I was like, I’m not gonna go to church. I had these church friends and I was like, you guys are cool, I like you guys, but I’m not going to church... It doesn’t make you a Christian just by going to church.

On Taco Bell:

If you go to Taco Bell, that doesn’t make you a taco.
Could he be any more straightforward?