PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Craig: I’d rather slash my wrists than do another Bond movie

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2015, 10:53 AM
By Nancy Groves - The Guardian

http://i.imgur.com/yQIZ0CX.jpg

Daniel Craig is “over” playing Britain’s most famous fictional secret service agent.

Asked during an interview if he could imagine making another James Bond movie, the actor told Time Out London: “ I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists ... I’m over it at the moment. We’re done. All I want to do is move on.”

He later clarified: “For at least a year or two, I just don’t want to think about it ... If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money.”

Craig is on promotional duties for Spectre, the 24th film in the James Bond franchise and the actor’s fourth turn as 007 in nine years.

His comments contradict another recent interview in which Craig, who is contracted for at least one more Bond, said: “I’ll keep going as long as I’m physically able.”

Directed once again by Sam Mendes, whom Craig “begged” to return, Spectre was shot over eight months and would be Skyfall “with bells on”, insisted its lead.

“There is more of everything in this film”, said Craig, who promised more gadgets, more humour, and even more M, this time played by Ralph Fiennes.

Craig admitted he often woke up in the middle of the night during shooting with ideas for his character that he passed on to Mendes to take or leave. ““Every idea I’ve had for a Bond movie, I’ve stuck into this one ... The Bond bank is dry.”

A who’s who of Hollywood names have been touted as Craig’s successor to play Bond, including Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and the current bookies’ favourite, Damien Lewis.

Several women have also suggested themselves for the role, including Spooks star Eleanor Matsuura.

Craig refused to take a position on who should be cast, saying: “Look, I don’t give a fuck. Good luck to them! All I care about is that if I stop doing these things we’ve left it in a good place and people pick it up and make it better.”

Asked what advice he had for any actors considering the role, Craig said: “Don’t be shit. You’ve got to step up. People do not make movies like this any more. This is really rare now. So don’t be shit.’’

Hal-9000
10-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Two things...he made a ton of cash doing the four movies so sour grapes and shut the hell up

and he lucked into an enterprise that features a revolving host of stars in the main role, he should feel really really lucky...

deebakes
10-09-2015, 12:00 AM
:fu: