PDA

View Full Version : 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Northern Arizona University

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2015, 12:28 PM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/uOFfp5A.jpg

BREAKING: One person was killed and three others were wounded in an early-morning shooting at Northern Arizona University before the shooter was taken into custody, police said early Friday.

Eric Dieterle, a spokesman for the Flagstaff university, told Fox News the shooting occurred in a parking lot near Mountain View Hall, a student residence located on the eastern edge of campus near the school's football stadium.

Dieterle said the shooting happened at approximately 1:20 a.m. local time. Mountain View Hall residents were told to stay indoors, but the campus was not placed on lockdown. It was not immediately clear whether the shooter or victims were students.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NAUAlert?src=hash">#NAUAlert</a> Reported shooter situation is stabilized and the shooter is in custody. Details to follow.</p>&mdash; NAU (@NAU) <a href="https://twitter.com/NAU/status/652422171747352576">October 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dieterle said the wounded victims were being treated at Flagstaff Medical Center near the NAU campus, but their conditions are unknown.

NAU is a public university with over 27,000 students, about 20,000 of whom are enrolled at the school's main campus in Flagstaff.

HyperV12
10-09-2015, 05:58 PM
What is going to stop this?

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Stop what? We don't know what the deal is. What the root cause is. It could've been drugs. It could've been the result of a love triangle where the shooter was the odd man out and the last to know. It could've been a hold up. It could've been gang shit. It could've been some random lunatic copycat douchebag looking to make a name for himself. It could've been really bad pizza. You can't treat the disease without knowing the cause.

redred
10-09-2015, 06:23 PM
No need to stop it just don't move across the pond

Goofy
10-09-2015, 07:39 PM

Nothing! :pewpew:

HyperV12
10-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Stop what? We don't know what the deal is. What the root cause is. It could've been drugs. It could've been the result of a love triangle where the shooter was the odd man out and the last to know. It could've been a hold up. It could've been gang shit. It could've been some random lunatic copycat douchebag looking to make a name for himself. It could've been really bad pizza. You can't treat the disease without knowing the cause.

You're right that we don't know the specifics of this particular case yet but I was talking more widely. One can't legislate against whack-jobs I get that but somethings got to give. The laws we have over here severely restrict the publics access to weapons but we still have shootings here there are just far fewer of them. I myself have two shotguns and have had for over 30 years, I have to renew my license with the local police authority every 5yrs and they come and inspect the storage cabinet and interview me etc. My point is that, where stricter laws won't stop this kind of thing they do limit them. :2cents:

redred
10-09-2015, 09:29 PM
i've learnt this over the years thats its a few fucking it up for the millions of others

what i can't get my head around is being aloud 1000 guns and 20 million rounds

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Blame it on the British. We shaped our country around laws to prevent what happened to us at their hands back before the Revolution from ever happening to our citizens again. And that's what it's about: Giving the citizens the means to protect themselves. Something y'all don't have and don't understand.

I hate to break the news to you, but no, stricter laws won't stop it. California has some of the strictest gun laws on file in the country and they still have gun homicides that far exceed those in my state. New Jersey and New York and Maryland all have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, and same story. My state is very permissive, as is Florida, but compared to the strict gun control states, the violence levels in both are significantly lower. There's a city in my state that makes it law that homeowners must have guns in their household, and their crime rate is practically zero.

Criminals fear an armed populace. When you take the guns away, you make it easier for them to commit crimes and you make it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves. A tyrannical government fears an armed populace. When you take the guns away, you give away the one way of ensuring that government won't take its citizens for granted.

Sure, some people will die at the hands of lunatics, but even if guns were illegal, lunatics would find another way to do their terrible deeds. What are you gonna do? Keep banning everything they use to commit murders? Knives? Chainsaw? Cars? Are you going to legislate everything? Well, you can't here. You can't legislate everything here. That's the definition of tyranny and that's the reason why we have the right to arm ourselves. The citizens won't stand for it.

Oh and by the way, your military, while it does a good job in your little corner of that world, isn't exactly the strongest on the Earth. Suppose Russia and China, or some other insurmountable force, invades. What are you gonna do if your military and police aren't enough to fight these forces off? I know what we'll do if it happened to us... we'll fight. Because we're armed to the teeth and it's not just a select fews' responsibility to defend our land. Y'all will be enslaved, and we'll still be free.

redred
10-09-2015, 10:06 PM
tbh i don't think we'd invade you again even if we could

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2015, 10:13 PM
You couldn't. But... we could invade you. :twisted:

redred
10-09-2015, 10:17 PM
be my guest :lol: a few ciders and you'd be fucked

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Maybe we'd lower your taxes.

redred
10-09-2015, 10:20 PM
and charge for health care ?

deebakes
10-09-2015, 10:24 PM
i thought nau was just online :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2015, 10:28 PM
and charge for health care ?

:hand:

Like y'all aren't paying for other people's healthcare already with your taxes.

redred
10-09-2015, 10:30 PM
i don't pay tax :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Get a job hippie :x