PDA

View Full Version : University Of Toronto Closes Several Gender-Neutral Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2015, 12:18 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/yfNJkxu.png

The University of Toronto in Canada recently suspended its gender-neutral policy for several campus bathroom facilities because of two incidents of female students being filmed while showering on Sept. 15 and 19.

Toronto Police Const. Victor Kwong told The Toronto Star on Oct. 5 that two women claimed to have seen a cell phone rise over dividers in the showers in an effort to film them; the perpetrator has not been caught.

Melinda Scott, the dean of students at the University of Toronto, said in a statement to The Varsity (campus newspaper):

Given the serious nature of these incidents and the impact on directly affected students, we made the decision to specifically designate some washrooms throughout the building for those who identify as men and those who identify as women.

At the same time, there remains at least one gender-neutral washroom per floor and per house.

The purpose of this temporary measure is to provide a safe space for the women who have been directly impacted by these events and other students who may feel more comfortable in a single gender washroom in the wake of these incidents.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Nobody in their right mind could have expected anything like this [-(

:rolleyes:

Pony
10-10-2015, 12:33 PM
I identify as a female lesbian, If i wanna continue to take "selfies" in the showers, no one can stop me.

HyperV12
10-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Nobody in their right mind could have expected anything like this [-(

:rolleyes:

Colour me shocked too, never saw that coming. :lol:

deebakes
10-10-2015, 01:57 PM
:shock: