PDA

View Full Version : 'Yes, Please Leave': Olive Garden Allegedly Denies Service To Cop Because Of Gun

Teh One Who Knocks
10-12-2015, 08:44 PM
By Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/r1gu9eL.jpg

A Kansas City police officer took to Facebook after he says he was denied service at Olive Garden because he had a gun.

Officer Michael Holsworth was on duty when he met up with his family for a birthday lunch at Olive Garden on Oct. 10, KCTV 5 reported.

As he waited for his family to arrive, Holsworth said an employee approached him and said, “We don’t allow guns here.” Holsworth, who was in full uniform, said he could leave. The employee then allegedly responded, “Yes, please leave.”

Holsworth wrote about his experience on Facebook and his post was shared more than 9,000 times. He issued a statement through the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 99, saying he hopes the restaurant “handles this situation appropriately so no other officer has the same experience” he had.

http://i.imgur.com/WuwImC5.jpg

The order’s president, Brad Lemon, and Kansas City Police Chief Darryl Forte quickly jumped to Holsworth’s defense. Forte tweeted at Olive Garden’s national Twitter account, saying facts were “being gathered.”

Lemon wrote on Facebook:

“It's been an incredibly difficult day for our brother, and our entire family. All we ever ask is to be treated fairly and with the same respect to due anyone else. When we are treated poorly because of our chosen occupation, it hurts. It's not okay to treat law enforcement poorly. We deserve, and have earned, the same level of respect due to each and every member of society.”

The restaurant's president has since contacted Holsworth to apologize.

http://i.imgur.com/GLdgy7X.jpg

“Law enforcement are always welcome to dine (with) us — we heart serving them and have great relationships,” an Olive Garden spokesman said.

DemonGeminiX
10-12-2015, 09:08 PM
1. They need to find the employee that said that and fire her.

2. Olive Garden is shitty to begin with.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 11:06 AM
2. Olive Garden is shitty to begin with.

And yet people actually LINE UP AND WAIT to go eat at this place. It baffles me to no end because on a GREAT day at Olive Garden, their food is mediocre at best. :confused:

Griffin
10-13-2015, 11:12 AM
but that bigass salad bowl with the peperoncinis and bread sticks is pretty good.

HyperV12
10-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Good luck on police response time on their next emergency.

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2015, 12:08 PM
And yet people actually LINE UP AND WAIT to go eat at this place. It baffles me to no end because on a GREAT day at Olive Garden, their food is mediocre at best. :confused:

Wanna add insult to injury?

It's all prepared offsite at a central location and shipped to restaurants frozen. You're paying for reheated frozen food. And if you notice smaller portions and complain, there's nothing they can do about it so they'll bring out another reheated frozen entree and hope you don't notice that it's the same reduced size. Word to the wise: Stay away from the lasagna. It just keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

The only time you get your money's worth is when the never-ending pasta bowl is going on, and even that's a stretch because you could make your own pasta at home for literally pennies on the dollar. Flour and eggs don't cost shit compared to the amount it yields and the amount you pay out at OG and what you actually get.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah, you can totally tell it's frozen when it comes out on your plate :lol:

But they sure charge a hell of a lot for a glorified TV dinner :|

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 12:36 PM
In fact:

Stouffers > Olive Garden

Goofy
10-13-2015, 12:37 PM
He was on duty yet going for a family birthday lunch? :-s I should've been a cop :(

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 12:38 PM
He was on duty yet going for a family birthday lunch? :-s I should've been a cop :(

Do cops in the UK not get lunch breaks? :-k

Goofy
10-13-2015, 12:40 PM
I dunno, i'm not a cop [-(