PDA

View Full Version : High School Football Team Loses Game While Celebrating Blocked Field Goal

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 11:16 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/KwjAr3K.png

The Boardman Spartans attempted a field goal against the Warren G. Harding Raiders, who were leading 14-12, with only a few seconds left in a dramatic high school football game in Warren, Ohio, on Oct. 9 (video below).

The field goal was blocked by the Raiders, but a Spartans player recovered the live ball and ran it in for a touchdown, notes WKBN.

The Raiders players on the sidelines ran out on the field to celebrate what they thought was a victory, but the Spartans won 18-12, reports ThunderTreats.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=M6BfBG_lBYw

HyperV12
10-13-2015, 11:40 AM
:lmao:

deebakes
10-13-2015, 11:44 AM
:haha:

Goofy
10-13-2015, 12:46 PM
:shakehead: Play the whistle!!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 01:05 PM
:shakehead: Play the whistle!!

You would think that would be something you would learn early on :lol:

Goofy
10-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Its one of the first things youre taught at footy training over here when youre a kid........ eejits :lol:

redred
10-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Its one of the first things youre taught at footy training over here when youre a kid........ eejits :lol:

wasn't the 1st rule the fat kid goes in goal ?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 02:00 PM

Not only should they have been playing the whistle, high school players should know that a blocked field goal attempt is also a live ball, someone on the team that blocked the kick should have just jumped on the ball and the game would have been over.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 02:00 PM
wasn't the 1st rule the fat kid goes in goal ?

That's who's in goal on my step-kids's soccer team :lol:

redred
10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
So it's a world rule not just the UK :lol:

Goofy
10-13-2015, 03:13 PM
The fatties cover more of the goalmouth, stands to reason :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 03:17 PM
The fatties cover more of the goalmouth, stands to reason :lol:

But they're s-l-o-w

Goofy
10-13-2015, 04:31 PM
But they're s-l-o-w

Doesnt matter if they fill the whole of the goal :mrgreen: Our keeper in my school team was actually one of the fittest, strongest guys at school....... fuckin good keeper he was too, probably could have played at pro level if hed wanted to tbh

Hal-9000
10-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Not only should they have been playing the whistle, high school players should know that a blocked field goal attempt is also a live ball, someone on the team that blocked the kick should have just jumped on the ball and the game would have been over.

This :thumbsup:

In one of my games our corner linebacker jumped up and smacked a ball down against the opposing guy's helmet..it popped up, same guy caught it and ran it in for a touchdown while the opposing team stood around. The ball was totally live and when the team starting bitching I heard the ref from the other side of the field clearly - SHUT IT, THERE WAS NO WHISTLE BLOWN! DID YOU HEAR A WHISTLE? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2015, 04:45 PM
Sometimes you even see the pros stand around thinking a play is over even though no whistle has been blown...then you see some guy from the other team scoop up the ball and run for TD :lol:

Hal-9000
10-13-2015, 04:53 PM
We played a really bad team in our junior year. On offense they would snap the ball and literally stand straight up and cower from the oncoming onslaught of our defensive line :lol:

They kept pitching the ball to their 'running back' (more like a walker from TWD..) on my left hand side in their backfield. I played middle linebacker so I lined up real close and ran into their backfield unmolested as the ball was snapped. The QB was turning around, looking down while he pitched the ball....to me :lol:

I've never seen someone's eyes get so comically wide. He gave me a perfect underhand toss as I ran about 19 yards for a touchdown. My coach laughed his ass off :lol: I felt sorry for their team, they were poorly coached...