PDA

View Full Version : Church Gives Pizza Driver $1,000 Tip

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2015, 11:20 AM
By Daniel Rivera - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/os9gI6q.jpg

A Domino's Pizza driver was moved to tears by one church's generosity (video below).

The driver, who identified herself as Natasha, reports the Columbus Dispatch, was making a delivery on Oct. 4 to the Sycamore Creek Church in Pickerington, Ohio, when she was brought on stage in front of churchgoers.

The congregation's lead pastor, the Rev. Steve Markle, asked her what was the biggest tip she'd ever received, to which she replied $10.

Markle gave her $15, and told her: "We've been teaching our church this last month about being generous, and so we did something special for you today. We took up a special offering for a tip for you."

That is when church members presented Natasha with a tip of $1,046.

The driver gasped and and covered her mouth before bursting into tears. She embraced Markle and said "Thank you so much" as the crowd cheered.

"I hope that this can help you," Markle said. "I don't know what's going on in your life."

"It can help a lot," she replied. "Thank you so much. Thank you everybody."

The church was finishing a sermon series on "I was Broke. Now I'm Not" and monthly missions emphasis on "Random Acts of Kindness" at the time of the incident.

Although Sycamore Creek Church is not a Catholic church, Politifact reports that although Catholic-afflicted charities are the some of the largest providers of social-service charity in the U.S., they contribute an estimated 17-34 percent of all social service spending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL4wlnP5if8

deebakes
10-14-2015, 11:13 PM
:tup:

RBP
10-15-2015, 05:27 AM
Catholic-afflicted charities are the some of the largest providers of social-service charity in the U.S., they contribute an estimated 17-34 percent of all social service spending.

Despite all the bullshit, there is still a lot of amazing work being done by people of faith. Even adjusting for direct church support, people of faith are far more generous with both time and money than the general public.