PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama Promises Leaving The White House Won't Be The End Of His Political Involvement

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2015, 11:22 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/l5RxPpg.jpg

While President Barack Obama spent the weekend hobnobbing with celebrities and fundraising in California, he made it clear that 2016 isn’t the end of his political career. "I'm just getting started,” he declared at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser on San Francisco on Oct. 10.

Obama encouraged others to be politically active and attacked Republicans. "There's almost no measure by which we're not better off than when I took office and when we started this process for change," he said, reports The Associated Press. "But it does kind of make you wonder. Why are so many Republican politicians so down on America? Why are they so grumpy?"

White House officials also said Obama will stay involved with the upcoming election. "As head of the party, he'll be making sure candidates have the resources they need to wage effective campaigns and he'll be a forceful messenger for the values and priorities championed by Democrats,” White House political strategist David Simas said in a statement to CNN.

Obama has a good reason to support any potential Democratic successors — many of the Republican presidential candidates have vowed to dismantle his signature pieces of legislation, including the Affordable Care Act and the Iran nuclear deal, if elected.

The weekend was a success for Obama. At a small fundraiser in noted movie director J.J. Abrams’ Pacific Palisades home, about 200 supporters contributed up to $33,400. More than 1,000 people paid between $250 and $10,000 to attend his fundraiser in San Francisco.

Pony
10-14-2015, 11:27 AM
:suicide:

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2015, 03:56 PM
He should go be a political force in Iran, since he likes them so much.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-14-2015, 05:10 PM
"There's almost no measure by which we're not better off than when I took office and when we started this process for change,"

Hmm, my cost of health insurance has gone up every year since you have been in office. There are less jobs, even though you only count the unemployed as people who get unemployment, but there are plenty out there still not working just unable to collect any longer.
There are 2 to start with

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Hmm, my cost of health insurance has gone up every year since you have been in office. There are less jobs, even though you only count the unemployed as people who get unemployment, but there are plenty out there still not working just unable to collect any longer.
There are 2 to start with

We just got our insurance renewal in the mail last week, it's going up 41% for next year :|

PorkChopSandwiches
10-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Yep, affordable care, the goal is to force small employers to give up the provided health insurance and push everyone to his garbage plan