PDA

View Full Version : Emma Watson: Why I Really Left Brown University

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Us weekly

http://i.imgur.com/0jw8M.jpg

Contrary to reports, Emma Watson's decision to leave Brown University in April had nothing to do with being bullied over her superstar status. In fact, the 21-year-old Harry Potter star says none of her fellow co-eds cared much about her professional life.

"It made me so sad when all this stuff came out that I left Brown because I was being bullied," she told Sunday Times Style Magazine. "It made no sense at all. Brown has been the opposite."

"I've never even been asked for an autograph on campus. I threw a party for nearly 100 students and not a single person put a photo on Facebook," she said. "Anyway, even if I was being given a hard time, I wasn't going to wuss out of university because someone said 'Wingardium leviosa' to me in a corridor, or 'Ten points for Gryffindor.' I've been dealing with the media since I was nine. If I can't stand up to a few people giving me a hard time, it's a bit pathetic, really. I've had so much worse."

So why did Watson decide to drop out of college? "I was in denial," she explained. "I wanted to pretend I wasn't as famous as I was. I was trying to seek out normality, but I kind of have to accept who I am, the position I'm in and what happened."

Though she tried creating a normal life for herself, Watson admitted she didn't have much luck in the dating department.

"I say to my friends, 'Why hasn't X called me? Why doesn't anyone ever pursue me?' They're like, 'Probably because they're intimidated.' It must be the fame wall," she said. "It must be the circus that goes around me. Me, as a person, I find it hard to believe I would be intimidating."

Hal-9000
06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
it was because she's a lesbian

:shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-07-2011, 07:53 PM
If she needs some dick, she has my number

Muddy
06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
She likes to be farted on...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Im fairly gassy

RBP
06-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Doesn't suck to be her.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Her friend(s) there make a lot of sense. I mean come on, if I was in school in my late teens/early 20's and a famous person showed up, I doubt I would go over and talk to them either....it would be a bit intimidating at that age (to me anyway).

AntZ
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
If she needs some dick, she has my number

Why, you have people you can refer her too? :-k

:nana:

Hal-9000
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I'd walk right up to the celeb and ask - Sooooo, do you piss in a toilet like regular folk?

depending on their response my next step would be - So if you pee, you must drink.Can a buy you a refreshing beverage? :face:

RBP
06-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I would have totally hit that in college, famous or not.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I'd walk right up to the celeb and ask - Sooooo, do you piss in a toilet like regular folk?

depending on their response my next step would be - So if you pee, you must drink.Can a buy you a refreshing beverage? :face:

I would have totally hit that in college, famous or not.

Yeah, okay :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Why, you have people you can refer her too? :-k

:nana:

:burn:

Hal-9000
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah, okay :rolleyes:

you doubt? :lol:

I'll say anything to anyone....I can't care how famous they are.Pretentiousness attracts me like a magnet :lol:

Hal-9000
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Soooo Mr Obama, thanks for taking my question.

Is it true that you failed basic math in school? No?
Then wtf did you do to the American economy?? :face:

Hal-9000
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Soooo Emma?

Like Kirsten Stewart you are a rather plain girl with no acting skills to speak of...and you've rarely demonstrated said skills.
My question is - Do you think you're going to luck out on another huge franchise role in the future, that you can skate through without really working? :face:

DemonGeminiX
06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
I've never been shy around women. I'd talk to her if I was in college with her.

Muddy
06-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Doesn't suck to be her.

You want some too?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Soooo Emma?

Like Kirsten Stewart you are a rather plain girl with no acting skills to speak of...and you've rarely demonstrated said skills.
My question is - Do you think you're going to luck out on another huge franchise role in the future, that you can skate through without really working? :face:

And her response would be something like:

So Hal, I'm worth a zillion dollars and don't have to work for the rest of my life. What are your plans you loser? :-k

Hal-9000
06-07-2011, 10:34 PM
And her response would be something like:

So Hal, I'm worth a zillion dollars and don't have to work for the rest of my life. What are your plans you loser? :-k

To be the first fan that jams his dick in your EAR! *GRUNT GRUNT JUMP*

:dance:

and then she'd say I was refreshing and ask for my phone number :afro:

Godfather
06-09-2011, 01:57 AM
The rumors of her being teased are really strong :lol:

I have heard that when she answered a question in a class someone yelled out "TEN POINTS GRIFENDOR"

I wouldn't be surprised if that really was why she got scared off.

I would be sweet as pie to her and not bug her about being a celeb :mrgreen: She said it herself, she never has to work again in her life. Why not befriend her instead of being a pig :P

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Why not befriend her instead of being a pig :P

:willie:

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 04:43 PM
The rumors of her being teased are really strong :lol:

I have heard that when she answered a question in a class someone yelled out "TEN POINTS GRIFENDOR"

I wouldn't be surprised if that really was why she got scared off.

I would be sweet as pie to her and not bug her about being a celeb :mrgreen: She said it herself, she never has to work again in her life. Why not befriend her instead of being a pig :P

Hey Hermione! Check out this magic wand....heh heh heh

bet she's never heard that one before :lol:

Deepsepia
06-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Interesting story. What "famous" looks like to those who aren't, and what it feels like to those who are seem to be very different things.

There are a few people who really do seem to "live" the persona, but its a lot of work.

This seems like a nice girl who wanted to go to college and have a [boy][girl]friend, read Jane Austen and hang out for a few years. Its a nice luxury, but in a way, unrealistic.

There have been starlets who've done the "normal girl" college thing, Brooke Shields, Julia Stiles, Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman come to mind-- but just saying "Jodie Foster" reminds you that its not so easy to get "normal".

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
There have been starlets who've done the "normal girl" college thing, Brooke Shields, Julia Stiles, Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman come to mind-- but just saying "Jodie Foster" reminds you that its not so easy to get "normal".

Yeah, but what nerd fantasies did they play on screen :lol:

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2011, 08:18 PM

:-s

Natalie Portman was Darth Vader's wife, the mother of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. You can't get any nerdier than that.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 08:26 PM
oh yeah, thats true

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, I can see how anyone could forget that, considering that those three films were a flagrant abomination to all that is holy.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, those shouldn't count :lol:

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 10:11 PM
The best part IMO of those 3 films was when Anakin Skywalker killed all of the Jedi younglings.

I was literally :shock:

Deepsepia
06-09-2011, 10:46 PM

when you think about it, i don't think either "pretty Baby" or "Taxi driver" could get released today. We have less tolerance for even the suggestion of underage stuff . . . i wouldn't call them "nerd fantasies" as much as "sicko magnets"- Emma's film history is really tame by comparison

Hal-9000
06-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I recall when Pretty Baby came out...it was big news yet they let it play at theaters.

deebakes
06-10-2011, 03:00 AM
The best part IMO of those 3 films was when Anakin Skywalker killed all of the Jedi younglings.

I was literally :shock:

may god have mercy on your soul...

PapaZ
06-12-2011, 03:12 PM
i wouldn't call them "nerd fantasies" as much as "sicko magnets"-

I resemble that remark! :maniac: