PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned kitten found with note: 'My mommy's boyfriend is mean to me'

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2015, 11:39 AM
By Samantha Jordan - News 96.5 FM

http://i.imgur.com/dtvk5Ib.jpg

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON —

A tiny kitten has been rescued from a Seattle alleyway after being left in a box along with a heartbreaking note.

The Daily Mail reports that Rachel Bjork was walking her dog when they came upon the box. She opened it up and found a scared orange and white kitten inside. Written on the flap of the box in a child's handwriting was a note that read: 'My mommy’s boyfriend is mean to me. Desperet for loving home.[sic]'

The nearly 2 month old kitten was taken to the vet and then to the MEOW cat rescue in Kirkland. Although it was on the thin side, the little furball appears to be healthy.

'The baby is now in a foster home with other kittens of similar age and doing very well,' the organization wrote on their Facebook page.

Bjork says she went back to the spot where she found the kitten and left a note for the owner letting them know that their pet is safe and sound.

The MEOW cat rescue post has received more than 2,000 likes but many commenters are now concerned for the child that wrote the note.

"If 'mommy's boyfriend' is mean to a kitten, it is a matter of time before he will treat her and children the same way. Leave the man," wrote one commenter.

The kitten won't be put up for adoption for several months, according to the organization.

http://i.imgur.com/jivqfJ8.png

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Find the kid now.

RBP
10-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Awwwww, poor kid.

Goofy
10-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Kittens can write? :shock:

HyperV12
10-20-2015, 02:40 PM
Kittens can write? :shock:

But can't spell for shit.

Goofy
10-20-2015, 03:49 PM
But can't spell for shit.

That's redred you're thinking of :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-20-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm too jaded....this was done by the 36 yr old owner because she didn't want the headache of owning a cat

Pony
10-20-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm too jaded....this was done by the 36 yr old owner because she didn't want the headache of owning a cat

I agree, the writing looks too good to be a little kids.

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2015, 10:41 PM
I was thinking that a kid wouldn't be capable of being that selfless to do something like this. The motivation behind the act? I can see Hal's jaded point of view more than the abuse angle.

Griffin
10-20-2015, 11:13 PM
I don't believe the note writer was implying that it was written by a child.
Pet owners (sickeningly) always refer to themselves as parents of the animals.

HyperV12
10-20-2015, 11:38 PM
I'm a cynic, I don't believe this story at all which is why I joked with Goof about it. Don't believe it happened at all sorry.

deebakes
10-21-2015, 01:16 AM
bunch of cold hearted mother fuckers around here :lol: