PDA

View Full Version : Son Of Eric Garner Arrested By Police In New York

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2015, 01:29 PM
By Jordan Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/4AYXnpn.jpg

The teenage son of Eric Garner, who died in July 2014 when he was put in a chokehold by a police officer, has been arrested.

Emery Snipes allegedly was cycling against the traffic on a stolen Citibike before entering a playground park after dark Oct. 27, New York Daily News reported.

“He told me he was going to the gym. I called his phone a couple times, and he didn’t call me back. The officer called me back and said that they had him,” Esau Garner, Snipes’ mother, told the New York Post.

“My son is not a thief,” Garner added, according to New York Daily News. “He just happened to be with his friends. He did not know that the Citibike had been taken.”

Officers were able to find out the bike was stolen through its serial number.

“I told him, ‘Emery, it’s a Citi Bike. You should have known it was stolen’,” Garner said to the Post.

Snipes was the only one of his friends apprehended by the police.

“If I can’t trust you to tell me the truth if you’re going to the gym or not … Look at the 18-year-old shot in front of Applebees in Brooklyn the other day. I don’t want that phone call,” Garner told her son, the Post reported.

“He didn’t know that he couldn’t be in the park after dark,” added Garner, according to the Daily News. “But right now, he’s not going out at all. He’s definitely grounded.”

“I’m even taking his cell phone until I think he’s earned the right to have it back,” she said.

Snipes was charged with criminal possession of stolen property over $1,000, being in the park after hours and a traffic offense.

A judge sentenced him to one day of community service and added that if he remains out of trouble for six months, the charges will be dropped.

“I’m angry, but you know what? He’s a teenager, and he has to learn. If this was just a regular teenager this wouldn’t be a thing, but because he’s Eric garner’s son, it is,” Garner told the Post.

Muddy
10-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Send him an invite to the white house.

Hal-9000
10-29-2015, 05:37 PM
He did not know that the Citibike had been taken...

So he paid for it himself? It was a birthday gift? He borrowed it from his friend??

what a bunch of malarky

deebakes
10-30-2015, 01:36 AM
:facepalm: