PDA

View Full Version : Va. School System Votes To Display 10 Commandments

Muddy
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
PEARISBURG, Va. (AP) - A southwest Virginia school system has voted once again to post copies of the Ten Commandments in its schools.

http://i54.tinypic.com/10rixzo.jpg

Giles County School Board members voted 3-2 Tuesday to place the Biblical texts in schools as part of displays that include several other historical documents. It's unclear when they will be reposted.
ACLU legal director Kent Willis said Tuesday that based on his understanding of the decision, reposting the documents would violate the Constitution's separation of church and state. He says the ACLU plans to move forward with plans to litigate.
The commandments had been displayed for at least a decade next to framed copies of the U.S. Constitution.
They came down in December on the advice of the board's attorney. They were reposted in January, but removed again in February.

Hal-9000
06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I think that the bible would be considered a historical document if there ever was one :lol:

It's not like they're introducing the teachings within the bible as part of the curriculum, they're displaying part of human history

Teh One Who Knocks
06-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I think that ACLU lawyer should maybe take the time to go and actually read the United States Constitution. Nowhere in that document is there any mention of the phrase "separation of church and state" :|

Hal-9000
06-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I remember when we used to say the Lord's prayer in school, then they stopped.

I can't recall one parent or teacher ever having a problem with it, believers or not.
Until others moved here and found it offensive.....

not the same issue as the thread story tho

:coat:

Hal-9000
06-08-2011, 09:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

shitpissandchickenlips!!!! I just noticed the picture

Hal-9000
06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I can't look anymore......

:lol:

Muddy
06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Hahahaha!!!

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I dont like any one religion getting to have their views imposed on the public, why don't we post some parts of the koran in front of schools, its freedom of religion, fuck it...I would like to see some info from satanic bible out there.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I dont like any one religion getting to have their views imposed on the public, why don't we post some parts of the koran in front of schools, its freedom of religion, fuck it...I would like to see some info from satanic bible out there.

I didn't say I was in favor of it, I just noted the mistake being made by the ACLU (and a lot of people actually) ;)

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I wasn't directing my comment to you, I agree with your statement. Its fact.
Im just saying freedom of religion was the main reason we came here, and by forcing "your" religion into the public schools, seems like the main thing we were trying to get away from

Muddy
06-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Im just saying freedom of religion was the main reason we came here, and by forcing "your" religion into the public schools, seems like the main thing we were trying to get away from

With that being said it's crazy that our money says "In god we trust"..

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2011, 06:09 PM

Ah, gotcha :thumbsup:

And I agree with you :tup:

AntZ
06-09-2011, 06:25 PM
why don't we post some parts of the koran in front of schools,

It's coming! Islam will be here soon enough, some parts of the country already have it. In Minnesota, they were forced to build a foot wash and prayer area at the airport for the cock sucker Somali taxi drivers! :roll: The same assholes that decided that if you're a woman UN-accompanied by a man, a Jew, or have alcohol of any type, they would NOT pick you up. They were asked sweetly and kindly to reconsider because it might cause a public outcry. When they should have been told that their asses will get fired or charged with discrimination. But the PC crew did it the nice way.

Muddy
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Team PorkChop?

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 06:42 PM
yes but gentlemen?

Isn't the story more about posting the texts, not teaching it in the curriculum? Whether you believe in Christianity isn't the point here, it's about historical writings
and how they figure into our civilization.And the bible is a 2000 yr old document (or older depending on what you believe)

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 06:43 PM
With that being said it's crazy that our money says "In god we trust"..
I agree, thats bullshit too, I completely think that should be removed, as well as the added line in the pledge of allegiance that says one nation under god, that was never in the original pledge.

It's coming! Islam will be here soon enough, some parts of the country already have it. In Minnesota, they were forced to build a foot wash and prayer area at the airport for the cock sucker Somali taxi drivers! :roll: The same assholes that decided that if you're a woman UN-accompanied by a man, a Jew, or have alcohol of any type, they would NOT pick you up. They were asked sweetly and kindly to reconsider because it might cause a public outcry. When they should have been told that their asses will get fired or charged with discrimination. But the PC crew did it the nice way.

I love a solid double standard.

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Team PorkChop?

just got that :doh:

not many Muslim candidates on that team..

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
yes but gentlemen?

Isn't the story more about posting the texts, not teaching it in the curriculum? Whether you believe in Christianity isn't the point here, it's about historical writings
and how they figure into our civilization.And the bible is a 2000 yr old document (or older depending on what you believe)

whatever its absolutely about pushing the christian agenda, the koran is that old too

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 06:47 PM
and touching on Antz's post, I think it would be a great idea to put some biblical passages in the display.Why?

Because America was founded with Christianity as it's cornerstone and other countries need to be reminded of it.Again, it's not an Atheist/Believer thing,
I think it's a - 'This is our fucking country you mooks and don't try and underwrite our history by ignoring it or changing it.'

:lol: little forceful there, the sun must be making my neck red

Muddy
06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
whatever its absolutely about pushing the christian agenda, the koran is that old too

How come I never see you bashing the Jews? They're just as, if not more fucked up than all the rest...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 06:55 PM
How come I never see you bashing the Jews? They're just as, if not more fucked up than all the rest...

When the Jews want to start making kids wear a yamaka in a public school then I will bitch about that too. Religion has its place and that place is in the church, where you can opt in to the message, not on the money, not at the schools, not in the courthouses. You want your kids to know about religion, take them to church.

Muddy
06-09-2011, 06:59 PM
When the Jews want to start making kids wear a yamaka in a public school then I will bitch about that too. Religion has its place and that place is in the church, where you can opt in to the message, not on the money, not at the schools, not in the courthouses. You want your kids to know about religion, take them to church.

You seem to have a particular disdain with Christianity though... Which I don't have a problem with.. I just hope you hate equally... Because as I stated before the Jews are one of the most fucked up religions on the planet... They have taken their religion and almost turned it into an exclusive race.. if you're in, you're chosen. If you're not in, you're looked down upon. And if you don't think these guys have an agenda that they protect, you are really fooling yourself.

Acid Trip
06-09-2011, 07:00 PM
yes but gentlemen?

I'm with Hal. Saying the merely posting the texts is somehow "forcing "your" religion into the public schools" is just silly.

Have other religions asked to have something posted and been denied? No? Well then what's the problem?

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 07:01 PM
You seem to have a particular disdain with Christianity though... Which I don't have a problem with.. I just hope you hate equally... Because as I stated before the Jews are one of the most fucked up religions on the planet... They have taken their religion and almost turned it into an exclusive race.. if you're in, you're chosen. If you're not in, you're looked down upon. And if you don't think these guys have an agenda that they protect, you are really fooling yourself.

That's really just because its what is being pushed here the most. I would say Muslims are worse then Jews though.

Muddy
06-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I would also say that you don't hear as much publicly about the Jewish shenanigans, because any thing mentioned in a negative light immediately gets you branded as an anti-semite..

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, they were able to turn that around just like the blacks and bush were able to label you a racist or anti american if you have anything negative to say.

Muddy
06-09-2011, 07:10 PM
White males are the real endangered species in this country... Everyone else gets special grants, and exceptions, and told to be proud of who they are.

I love the idea of equality as long as I'm not the one holding an empty bag at the end of the day.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Out here the Mexicans have huge stickers on the back of their low riders that say Brown Pride. You know what would happen to my car if I rolled around with a White Pride sticker on my back window. :roll:

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
and so I'm a Christian and Porky is bashing my folk with a vengeance, so Imma gonna get him arrested for hatred and discrimination!

actually, no I won't.His ass tastes like yummy bacon so I can't crucify him like that...

crucify? see what I did there :dance:

Muddy
06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Out here the Mexicans have huge stickers on the back of their low riders that say Brown Pride. You know what would happen to my car if I rolled around with a White Pride sticker on my back window. :roll:

You'd be on a terrorist watch list...

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 07:16 PM

30 h/p added? :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Same thing here....and you should see it on and around Cinco de Mayo....Mexican flags draped all over their vehicles and driving up and down busy streets blocking up traffic.

I look at it this way: if you love your country so much, then go the fuck back

Hal-9000
I hate being on the God Squad and trying to make jokes :|

I feel so dirty :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
and so I'm a Christian and Porky is bashing my folk with a vengeance, so Imma gonna get him arrested for hatred and discrimination!

actually, no I won't.His ass tastes like yummy bacon so I can't crucify him like that...

It's Imma get, not Imma gonna get....that's redundant :slap:

Muddy
06-09-2011, 07:18 PM
I hate being on the God Squad and trying to make jokes :|

You're fine, homie. I respect your right to religion...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 07:25 PM

I dont have a problem with personal beliefs, but thats what they should be....personal ;)

http://twitpic.com/show/large/4cxbhe

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I now worship the pig

:headbang:

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 07:46 PM
It's Imma get, not Imma gonna get....that's redundant :slap:

Are you saying my diction and grammar are uncorrect?

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I now worship the pig

:headbang:

:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2011, 07:47 PM

I don't wanna hear about your Anthony Weiner :hand:

Muddy
06-09-2011, 07:57 PM

incorrect, actually. :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 08:17 PM
incorrect, actually. :mrgreen:

That's unpossible, my sentence structure and grammer is never wrong

Muddy
06-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Exactly... :lol:

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 10:23 PM
ARE never wrong....indicating the plural...should have been 'my sentence structure and grammar are never wrong'

I'm such a heathen :oops: :doh: