PDA

View Full Version : Toddler had to sleep on hospital floor for 8 hours – surrounded by empty beds

Teh One Who Knocks
11-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Rob Waugh for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/TSAXM3T.jpg

A toddler was forced to sleep on a cold hospital floor – despite being surrounded by empty beds.

No doctor was available to see Isabella Dalton, two, for eight hours at Royal Preston Hospital – and staff could not allocate her a bed until she had been examined.

She had been rushed to hospital at 11pm by her mother Jessica Dignall when her temperature rocketed due to tonsilitis and an ear infection.

Mum Jessica, 22, said, ‘Isabella slept on the cold, hard floor in the waiting room surrounded by empty beds.

‘Either side of the waiting room were rooms with around a dozen beds in. We could see them every time the doors opened.

‘But I asked time and time again whether she could have one to make her more comfortable and they just kept telling me she couldn’t leave the waiting room until she had been seen.

‘A doctor came into the waiting room to speak to one of the other parents, looked at the girls asleep on the floor and did nothing.

‘Even if she had been given a blanket or anything to make her more comfortable would have been something, but she’s only a baby and she didn’t know how to try and make herself feel better.

Karen Partington, chief executive at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: ‘Our priority is to always provide excellent care with compassion for our patients and we would urge anybody who has any concerns or queries about their care or treatment plan to please contact our customer care department.

‘We welcome the opportunity to investigate further.’

deebakes
11-04-2015, 12:40 PM
:facepalm:

Goofy
11-04-2015, 01:29 PM
So, instead of cuddling your child and keeping them warm you instead decided to plonk her on the floor and take a picture, wonderful parenting :ok:

redred
11-04-2015, 01:46 PM
bollox not getting the full story

Pony
11-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Exactly, mom is probably sitting on a comfy double wide seat taking that picture. Seriously, I'm sure there are plenty of chairs and couches in the waiting room.

Goofy
11-04-2015, 06:06 PM
bollox not getting the full story

Do your testicles require the full story? :-k

HyperV12
11-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Kids love floors!

Hal-9000
11-04-2015, 06:13 PM
We took my Ma for a test at what we call the old children's hospital. Used to be for kids but due to changes in our system it's used for everyone now.

Have to make a long story short. We have free healthcare and used to have a certain amount of hospitals in our city. They converted a couple to private care, blew one up and closed one other hospital due to budget constraints.

When we go to the old children's hospital, we notice that in almost every area, part of the hallways are cordoned off with tape saying staff only beyond this point. I estimate that 50% was shut down using this method. No lights on, no one in rooms...looked like no one had been in these areas for years.

:( Then I find out that yes, they've shut down entire wings of the hospital because of budget concerns.......meanwhile no new hospitals have been built and our city grows daily.

I've never seen such a stupid waste of resources because our medical system is overloaded in every aspect. Yes the treatment is free anywhere...waiting hours to get it is idiotic when I see shit like that.

Hugh_Janus
11-04-2015, 09:35 PM
it's a hospital, not a fucking hotel