PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Loretta Sanchez: Donald Trump Hosting SNL Is 'Endangering Latinos'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-04-2015, 01:08 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/ODArQJc.png

Democratic Rep. Loretta Sanchez of California claimed on Nov. 3 that Donald Trump's hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live" is “endangering Latinos” (video below).

Sanchez made her comments during an interview with CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin, who asked the congresswoman if SNL had a right book the guests it wants just like people have the right not to watch, notes Mediaite.com.

"Well, in the same way that I believe in free speech and First Amendment, you're correct from that standpoint, except for you’re not allowed to go into an auditorium and yell, ‘Fire! Fire! Fire!'" Sanchez replied.

The congresswoman said that Trump's derogatory comments about "illegal aliens" were repeated by a man who assaulted a Hispanic victim in Boston in June.

Sanchez explained that the problem was that Trump was "hosting" the variety show, not just appearing on it.

"So, we are simply pushing back at SNL, and saying, 'Uh-huh, this is not correct and you are endangering Latinos when you do this type of a thing,'" Sanchez stated.

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush was asked in a separate segment on CNN if he has considered dropping out of the race as Trump recommended on Twitter, reports Talking Points Memo.

"No, I mean, do we have to talk about Donald Trump?" Bush replied. "No, I'm not quitting. He's entertaining. He's fun. He says really funny things in the breaks, in the debate. But I'm running for President of the United States, and it's a serious endeavor."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=erGq3iMFfvk

Goofy
11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
:roll:

HyperV12
11-04-2015, 05:30 PM
:haha:

deebakes
11-05-2015, 12:07 AM
:facepalm:

Muddy
11-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Only illegal ones.

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2015, 01:31 AM
They better learn English and start singing Cheech's "Born in East L.A.".

PorkChopSandwiches
11-05-2015, 07:13 PM
:facepalm: Run for your lives