PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Man Told To Remove Christmas Displays Because They Could Offend

Teh One Who Knocks
11-05-2015, 01:35 PM
By Daniel Rivera - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/lVWytob.jpg

An Idaho man refused to take down Christmas displays, citing religious liberty.

The West Hayden Estates First Addition Homeowners Association urged Jeremy Morris to remove his Christmas displays from his property, claiming it would be insensitive to residents of different beliefs, noted Todd Starnes on his Fox News blog.

“I am somewhat hesitant in bringing up the fact that some of our residents are non-Christians or of another faith and I don’t even want to think of the problems that could bring up,” a letter from the homeowners association to Morris read.

Morris' Christmas decorations include thousands of lights, a 22-voice choir, a camel and a baby Jesus.

In a letter on Oct. 26, attorney Scott Poorman demanded Morris and his wife take the displays down or face a lawsuit. Poorman added the noise and lights would be troublesome.

“Your event will be offensive to the senses and will interfere with the comfortable enjoyment of your neighbors’ private property rights,” Poorman wrote. “Your planned event will be a nuisance to the entire neighborhood.”

Poorman also noted the camel cannot be on allowed on the property because "it is not an ordinary house pet."

Morris told Starnes he has no intention on removing any of his displays.

"Their real agenda is to attack Christians,” he said. “This is about hostility towards people of faith. I have certain religious beliefs that I hold dear to my heart. We wanted to help people in the community and promote Christmas as the Christian holiday it’s always been.”

The HOA did not return Starnes' calls for comments.

According to the American Civil Liberties Union, the First Amendment protects the right of Americans to erect religious expressions on their own private property. The ACLU added there are certain conditions in which religious displays are allowed on public property.

redred
11-05-2015, 01:55 PM
tbh i'm not a big fan of christmas either :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2015, 04:59 PM
:slap:

HyperV12
11-05-2015, 05:45 PM
It was only a matter of time.

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
:-s

Until Red got slapped? Nah, that happens pretty regularly.

Goofy
11-05-2015, 06:17 PM
So what if they offend? People make the choice themselves whether to be offended or not, fuck them :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

redred
11-05-2015, 06:26 PM

:lol:

HyperV12
11-05-2015, 06:36 PM

Muddy
11-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Typically those with other beliefs couldn't give a shit.. Now young, white, left leaning atheists... That's a different story.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-05-2015, 09:25 PM

Muddy
11-05-2015, 09:49 PM

It's true.. A lot of these rabble rousers are the people I described above.. When the confedarate statues in down town Richmond were getting vandalized with #blacklivesmatter There was as close to a race war on facebook as you could get in Richmond... The confederates were ready for the South to rise again, the blacks were ready for a race war.. Until they busted the perp.. A white guy. smh The whole situation went away in 15 minutes. I wonder whose really behind the Redskins name fiasco?

deebakes
11-06-2015, 12:38 AM
:wtf:

perrhaps
11-06-2015, 01:28 AM
It's true.. A lot of these rabble rousers are the people I described above.. When the confedarate statues in down town Richmond were getting vandalized with #blacklivesmatter There was as close to a race war on facebook as you could get in Richmond... The confederates were ready for the South to rise again, the blacks were ready for a race war.. Until they busted the perp.. A white guy. smh The whole situation went away in 15 minutes. I wonder whose really behind the Redskins name fiasco?

Jerry Jones?

Hal-9000
11-06-2015, 07:00 PM

There was some other dustup about race and it turned out the most vocal Twitter user was some Asian guy...talking up black rights etc. He gets outed and then says - I understand the abuse because I get it too. He lives in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and is an engineer making over 200k/year ffs :lol:

I believe the story above may not be all about race or religion...people are mad because of traffic and noise. We had exactly the same thing in our 'hood with a display. Over a million lights etc and you couldn't drive around the block because of other vehicles lining up to see it. Guy fought city council and eventually they came to an agreement, moving all of his shit to a city owned lot where people could view it.