PDA

View Full Version : San Carlos chairman under fire over blackface costume

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2015, 12:49 PM
William Pitts, 12 News

http://i.imgur.com/dXr52OC.jpg

The Chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe apologized Thursday after apparently dressing in blackface for a Halloween costume.

Chairman Terry Rambler posed for pictures on his Facebook page in costume as Bob Marley, with his face darkened. Those pictures have since been removed.

Rambler posted an apology to anyone he may have offended, saying he only did it as part of the costume, which he said he modeled after his favorite musician.

"In hindsight, it was a poor choice I made," Rambler wrote. "I am not a racist and I did not mean to offend anyone but I realize I did."

But critics were swift to pounce on Rambler, who was an outspoken critic of the Washington Redskins football team's name.

"Wow, really?" civil rights leader Jarrett Maupin said. "There's no way he didn't know what he was doing was offensive."

"it probably should not have been done, especially from one of our First Nations peoples," Arizona NAACP president Donald Harris said.

12 News caught up with Rambler at Sky Harbor International Airport, where he didn't want to say anything on camera.

Rambler promised to send a statement instead. Thursday afternoon 12 News had not received anything from Rambler's office.

Goofy
11-06-2015, 01:29 PM
The costume wouldnt really work with a white face since Bob was not white :shrug: Just the usual shite from the "offended brigade"

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2015, 01:37 PM
The costume wouldnt really work with a white face since Bob was not white :shrug: Just the usual shite from the "offended brigade"

Yeah, but what makes this more of a story is the fact that this guy is an American Indian who is all butthurt over the Washington Redskins team name and logo and calling that all racist, but he has no problem putting on blackface and pretending to be a black guy.

Goofy
11-06-2015, 01:41 PM
I just read the first half :oops: :lol: Well, at least he now knows how fucking stupid it all is :tup:

HyperV12
11-06-2015, 06:13 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
11-06-2015, 06:36 PM
My Muhammad Ali costume is really gonna suck next year :|

HyperV12
11-06-2015, 06:44 PM
My Muhammad Ali costume is really gonna suck next year :|

Just get the shuffle right.

Hal-9000
11-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Just get the shuffle right.

Kids will be cryin - Oh look, it's John Sullivan!

:|

Goofy
11-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Kids will be cryin - Oh look, it's John Sullivan!

:|

hahahahahaha :rofl:

Hal-9000
11-06-2015, 07:01 PM
love boxing fans, thx :lol: