PDA

View Full Version : Server Accused Of Writing Tip For Herself After Customer Leaves No Tip On $80 Bill

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2015, 12:09 PM
By Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/CBRENHa.jpg

A New Mexico woman says she was the victim of credit card fraud after she left no tip for a server at a restaurant.

The woman, who asked not to be identified, said she noticed a change in her bill after dining at an Outback Steakhouse in Farmington, New Mexico, KOB 4 reports.

“I put a zero in the tip and I wrote the total in, signed my name and we left,” she told KOB. “When I looked at the Outback, it said $90.”

The woman’s bill was $81.08. The server, Sophia Cumpton, 19, was reportedly accused of credit card fraud over the $8.92 added to the bill.

“It’s kind of scary because who else did they do this to?” the woman said. “I wonder how many other people have been stolen from and don't even know.”

According to the restaurant manager, Cumpton was fired. Still, the woman says she will never eat there again. Her advice to other people is to compare receipt and bank charges, or to just pay in cash.

Cumpton wrote in a Facebook post on Nov. 2 that she’s already been to court and isn’t facing any charges. She added that the customer is on a “rant to ruin [her] life."

“This stuff has been done and over with for like a week and she wants to come up now after everythings done just to get her little 15 minutes of fame but she won’t Even show her face or release her name rather just ruin mine because she knows she’s in the wrong,” Cumpton wrote.

“I know her name and unlike her I'm not going to ruin somebodys reputation,” she added.

Goofy
11-07-2015, 12:23 PM
:shakehead:

HyperV12
11-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Not guilty.

deebakes
11-07-2015, 01:29 PM
i sometimes worry that this happens to me, i rarely double check the statements :shock:

guess i need to start :sad2:

Muddy
11-07-2015, 03:10 PM
I've had this happen to me.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2015, 03:41 PM
i sometimes worry that this happens to me, i rarely double check the statements :shock:

guess i need to start :sad2:

I've had this happen to me.

I don't think this has happened to me, I usually always match my receipts up to my bank account transactions.

redred
11-07-2015, 04:26 PM
I bet it's because muddys tight and doesn't top

RBP
11-07-2015, 05:18 PM
I bet it's because muddys tight and doesn't top

:lol: You seem to know a lot about Muddy's sexual proclivities. Does he bottom?

redred
11-07-2015, 05:21 PM
:lol: damn predicted text

RBP
11-07-2015, 05:26 PM
:lol: oh muddy, you're so tight.

redred
11-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Top was wrong I meant tip

Muddy
11-07-2015, 08:57 PM
I had actually tipped.. they just bumped it up!

I printed my bank records and had my receipt and made a semi friendly phone call. They pushed back a little and I told them forget it I'll just let my bank handle it. They changed their tune real fast after that statement.

RBP
11-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Top was wrong I meant tip

I know... still funny. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2015, 09:30 PM
I won't put a tip amount on the check. I cross out the tip section on the check, or I write "cash" in the section, and I always tip the server with cash.