PDA

View Full Version : DA: Probe of possible sexting underway at Big Spring High School

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2015, 01:10 PM
By Matt Miller - Penn Live

http://i.imgur.com/fuaZUWY.jpg

An investigation is underway regarding possible sexting by students at Big Spring High School, Cumberland County District Attorney David Freed said Tuesday afternoon.

Newville police learned last week that students might be using smart phones and other devices to share sexually explicit images of other minors, Freed said. He said police served search warrants at the school on Monday and seized "numerous" mobile devices for examination.

"That investigation is in its very early stages," Freed said.

"While I understand that this type of behavior has been much in the national news lately, it is not new for Pennsylvania or Cumberland County," he said. "We will pursue the evidence where it leads and make an appropriate decision when the investigation concludes."

County investigators are working with the borough police, Freed said.

He said 20 to 25 devices were seized from students. The prosecutor said he could not discuss details of the probe, not even how it originated. The investigation could take some time, he said.

If charges are found to be warranted against any minors, they likely would range from summary counts to misdemeanors, Freed said. He said in such cases juvenile violators usually are sent to diversionary programs involving some type of sensitivity classes and community service.

In the last six to seven years his office has handled about 20 cases of sexting by juveniles, Freed said. "There has been an uptick lately," he said.

deebakes
11-11-2015, 01:27 PM
flood gates have been opened... i would be surprised of schools that DIDN'T have this going on nowadays :shrug:

HyperV12
11-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Teenagers are gonna teen!