PDA

View Full Version : Megachurch Pastor Claims That Revealing His Salary Would Violate Christ's Teachings

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2015, 01:27 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/wmOrQzr.png

Pastor Steven Furtick of the Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina, recently claimed that he could not reveal his salary because it would violate the teachings of Jesus Christ.

The 35-year-old pastor, who preaches to 20,000 church members, told WCCB:

Well, in my personal lifestyle, I know that we have to have integrity and I know that we have to be generous, and I know the extent to which that is true of me and Holly.

So, to go on record and say here's how much money we've given and here's what we do with our finances, to me, that would be the most arrogant thing that I could do and it would rob me of the blessings of what Jesus said, which is that when you give, you don't get up and tell everyone how much you've given.

Furtick told his congregation in 2013 that his 16,000-square-foot home was “not that great of a house," reported The Charlotte Observer.

However, Furtick told the newspaper, "My wife and I made a decision, and we built a house. It’s a big house, and it’s a beautiful house, and we thank God for it ... We understand everything we have comes from God.”

Furtick's 19-acre Waxhaw, North Carolina, property was valued two years ago at $1.6 million, but he only paid $325,000, according to Union County tax records.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
:fu:

HyperV12
11-12-2015, 08:41 PM
It would violate his IRS return more like!

deebakes
11-13-2015, 02:57 AM
:facepalm: