PDA

View Full Version : Christian School: Girls Must Wear Tights Under Skirts To Stay Safe

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2015, 01:29 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/PIXIy3m.png

St. Hild’s Church of England School in Hartlepool, England, is requiring girls to wear black tights under their skirts for modesty and safety reasons.

The school’s deputy head pastoral, Grant Carswell, sent a letter to parents last week that said: "[W]e have a particular concern at the moment regarding the length of skirts worn by some of our female students," notes the Hartlepool Mail.

“In the interest of modesty and to ensure your child is properly safeguarded on their way to and from school, we ask that black tights be worn with skirts at all times, effective from Monday, November 9, 2015," Carswell wrote.

If girls don't wear tights under their skirts, they must wear pants.

Hannah McEnaney, a 14-year-old student, was recently given some black tights to wear by the school.

“My daughter prefers wearing socks, and just doesn’t like wearing tights," McEnaney's mom, Carol, told the newspaper.

“The school said, though, that if she didn’t wear tights, she would be put in isolation or sent home," Carol added. “I want to get my point across that girls should have the right to choose."

However, Tracey Gibson, the acting headteacher of the school, countered, “With the full backing of governors, letters were sent out last week to parents/carers explaining the decision to make this interim change."

“The letter also made it clear that both parents and children will be given an opportunity in due course to take part in a full review of the school’s uniform policy," Gibson added. “The outcome of this consultation will help shape the policy in the longer-term."

In more religious/school news, the Bledsoe County, Tennessee, school system has decided not to allow the Gideons, a Christian organization, to give out Bibles to 5th graders, reports WRCB.

The decision has infuriated local religious leaders who claim their religious freedoms are being violated. Christian leaders and residents plan to protest the decision at the next school board meeting.

deebakes
11-13-2015, 03:06 AM
:giggity: