PDA

View Full Version : Council chief who axed public toilets fined for urinating in the street

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 12:15 PM
By Mikey Smith , Alexander Lerche - The Mirror

http://i.imgur.com/4NeMm9l.jpg

A council chief who helped axe every public toilet in his town has been fined by police - for urinating in the street.

Labour councillor Jackie Burns, 51, was caught short just months after overseeing the closure of public loos in his area.

He was waiting in a taxi rank when he suddenly needed the toilet and went down a lane - where police saw him and gave him a £40 on the spot fine.

Mr. Burns had his wee problem in Hamilton in Scotland where he is a Labour councillor and deputy leader of South Lanarkshire council.

He said: "I am embarrassed by the incident and have apologised."

He added: "I was in a taxi rank at the Bottom Cross in Hamilton and needed the toilet. I went down a lane to relieve myself and was approached by police, who gave me a £40 fine which I have duly paid. I am embarrassed by the incident and have apologised."

In May he announced that all the council's public conveniences were closing as part of £22 million cutbacks by the Scottish Government.

John Wilson, an MSP for Central Scotland, said: "I am disappointed by this behaviour. He should consider his position as deputy leader."

Police said: "A 51-year-old man was issued with a fixed penalty ticket in relation to a minor act of anti-social behaviour within Hamilton town centre on Saturday 7 November."

The council has refused to comment.

HyperV12
11-13-2015, 06:35 PM
:lmao:

Hal-9000
11-13-2015, 06:41 PM
It's a great picture...

Hi there! I piss anywhere I want :)

deebakes
11-14-2015, 02:31 AM
:lol:

Hugh_Janus
11-14-2015, 12:01 PM
I took a piss in the middle of a road once.... #fuckthepolice

deebakes
11-14-2015, 05:11 PM
just once? that's impressive :tup:

Hugh_Janus
11-15-2015, 10:26 AM
well, yes, it could have been the last time I took a piss.... it wasn't traffic free

Hal-9000
11-15-2015, 07:32 PM
I was thrown out of a public pool for pissing in it..........from the high diving board :dance:

#itnevergetsold