PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Chick-Fil-A Restaurant Commemorates Veterans With 'Missing Man Table'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 12:37 PM
By Reve Fisher - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/PJcPUDP.jpg

A Chick-fil-A restaurant in Georgia chose to honor Veterans Day with a special table setting.

In Marietta, Georgia, a Chick-fil-A constructed a Missing Man Table to celebrate Veterans Day. The table setting and accompanying photo collage were set up on Nov. 7, and will remain on display throughout the week, WSB-TV reports.

"Our team just decided we wanted to honor veterans and do a setup honoring military," store manager Alex Korchan said. He mentioned that all Chick-fil-A restaurants in the greater Atlanta area are participating in various forms of military appreciation.

The table includes a folded American flag, a complete place setting for the veteran, and a "Missing Man Table" letter:

“This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms. The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty. The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a red ribbon, symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening’s toast. The chair is empty — they are missing.”

http://i.imgur.com/ODENsPW.jpg

According to KTLA News, Eric Comfort shared a photo of the table setting on Facebook and wrote, "Here is what my local Chick-fil-a did in honor of Veterans Day. That’s why this company is so beloved in Georgia. Unbelievable."

Korchan's branch also asked its employees to share photos of their family members who are active or retired military. The photos were used to create a poster on which customers can also add names of the veterans in their lives.

“It’s easy to forget and not something that we think about, but many of us have family members who serve and lots of us have lost people,” Korchan said.

Most Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide are offering free meals to veterans and active duty members for Veterans Day. The restaurant chain also holds Military Appreciation nights throughout the year.

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2015, 12:40 PM
:-k

I haven't been to a Chick-Fil-A in a long while.

HyperV12
11-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Great idea.

deebakes
11-14-2015, 02:31 AM
:homer: