PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Warns: Atheists Might Bring Satanism To Christian Wedding

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 01:00 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/sqyyWmL.png

During a broadcast of "The 700 Club" on Nov. 11, a viewer from a half-atheist, half-Christian home asked Pat Robertson if she should invite her non-believing family members to her religious wedding.

Robertson replied: "Well, what’s the big deal about inviting some family members to your wedding? I mean, you know, let them come to your wedding and see what’s there. But you don’t want them bringing Satanism into your wedding or some occult incantation. So by all means invite your family," notes the Friendly Atheist.

It's not clear why Robertson would think that atheists, who deny the existence of supernatural beings, would practice Satanism.

Robertson's co-host suggested the atheist family members could get "saved" at the wedding (that they may be excluded from).

In August, Robertson told a grandmother to get her five-year-old grandson into a Christian school or vacation school because the child's father was an atheist, reported RawStory.com.

"His father telling him that," Robertson stated. "I don’t know, but if there’s any way you can get him enrolled in a Christian school or get him into some they have daily vacation Bible school and things or a youth group. There are all kinds of things you could do to kinda get him some positive influences.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huISaMaMqPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQa6p_N4nw8

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna cut Pat some slack here. It looks like whoever's reporting this is twisting his words a little.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-13-2015, 04:20 PM
I don't think he knows what atheist means

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't think he knows what atheist means

To be honest, I don't think most atheists know what the term atheist means, since they've turned it into its own religion basically.

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Robertson replied: "Well, what’s the big deal about inviting some family members to your wedding? I mean, you know, let them come to your wedding and see what’s there. But you don’t want them bringing Satanism into your wedding or some occult incantation. So by all means invite your family," notes the Friendly Atheist.

I think the title totally mischaracterizes what he was trying to convey. "Inviting some family members" doesn't equal "inviting your atheist family members". He was generalizing "family members" meaning "any family member of or not of your faith". He goes on to say that you don't want Satanic or Occult practices or incantations from anyone in your family at your wedding. I don't think he was pigeonholing atheists and saying they were Satanists or Occultists. Basically, I think he phrased his words poorly and someone at The Friendly Atheist took advantage of it in the name of sensationalism.

Hal-9000
11-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Those occult incantations really fuck some weddings up :lol:

HyperV12
11-13-2015, 06:59 PM
I'll just see what my chicken entrails say and RSVP later!