PDA

View Full Version : ‘Love note’ lands 4th grade student in trouble for possible sexual harassment

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2015, 01:24 PM
CNN News Wire

http://i.imgur.com/9ChmJN2.jpg

TAMPA, Fla. -- A Florida mother is speaking out, after school administrators threatened to file sexual harassment charges against her 9-year-old son.

The reason -- giving a handwritten note to his crush.

We spoke to the mom, who asked not to be identified.

"He's 9. What little kid doesn't write love notes?" said the mother.

This mom said her son passed very sweet note to his crush.

"How she wears the same uniform and how her eyes sparkled like diamonds," the mother explained.

We blurred her mom's face and her son's to protect his identity.

But soon, she said other students started teasing her son about wanting to see the little girl naked.

"That's when the principal proceeded to tell me that it wasn't appropriate that he was writing the note and that if he writes another notes they are going to file sexual harassment charges on my 9-year-old,” the mother said.

It may seem absurd, a fourth grader, threatened with sexual harassment charges.

But Hillsborough Schools said the boy wrote more than one note and that they were unwanted, so that borders on harassment.

Licensed psychologist Dr. Valerie McClain said she doesn't think this is sexual harassment.

She encourages talking to your child about what boundaries, what is appropriate and what isn't.

"What needs to happen is education needs to be provided about how to relate to this young girl or how to stay away from talking to her if that's the goal,” said Dr. Valerie McClain.

In the meantime, Hillsborough Schools said teachers discourage kids from passing notes, because it can cause classroom disruptions.

"My 9-year-old doesn't even know what sexual harassment means,” she said.

The mother still says her son did nothing wrong.

RBP
11-13-2015, 01:26 PM
I love you, Lance. But I do not want to see you naked. :lol:

HyperV12
11-13-2015, 07:01 PM
:ffs:

deebakes
11-14-2015, 02:30 AM
:giggity: