PDA

View Full Version : 140 people killed in Paris!

Goofy
11-14-2015, 12:40 AM
WTF? :shock:

http://news.sky.com/story/1587373/france-closes-borders-after-paris-horror

France Closes Borders After Paris 'Horror'

France has closed its borders after at least 140 people were killed in a series of coordinated attacks across Paris.

At least 40 people died in shootings and bombings at a number of locations around the capital - before another 100 people were killed at a concert venue.

Elite police units launched an assault on the Bataclan theatre, where around 100 people were being held hostage.

Police killed two armed men who had opened fire at the theatre, where Californian band Eagles of Death Metal had been playing a concert.

Click the link for full details........ jeez this is fucked up, watching it on sky news right now :|

Goofy
11-14-2015, 12:58 AM
158 confirmed deaths according to sky news, 118 in a concert hall, automatic gunfire, grenades.......... fuck :| American band were playing there, Eagles of Death Metal

Goofy
11-14-2015, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vtqUZJn.png

Pony
11-14-2015, 01:27 AM
Shit is crazy. :sad:

Looks like you lot over there are getting more info than we are at this point.

deebakes
11-14-2015, 02:20 AM
:wtf2:

Godfather
11-14-2015, 07:16 AM
Extremely disturbed by this news. Hope everyone's friends and family in Paris are okay.

Be interesting to see if Canada's new PM still feels we need to both take in Syrian refugees and withdraw from the fight against ISIS. I certainly didn't vote for either.

redred
11-14-2015, 08:39 AM
:rip:

RBP
11-14-2015, 08:44 AM
:rip:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Extremely disturbed by this news. Hope everyone's friends and family in Paris are okay.

Be interesting to see if Canada's new PM still feels we need to both take in Syrian refugees and withdraw from the fight against ISIS. I certainly didn't vote for either.

ISIS has now claimed responsibility for the attacks....this is the group that our esteemed President referred to as the 'minor leagues' :|

Hugh_Janus
11-14-2015, 12:08 PM
wankers

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2015, 12:24 PM
By Eric Knecht

CAIRO (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility on Saturday for attacks that killed 127 people in Paris, saying it sent militants strapped with suicide bombing belts and carrying machine guns to various locations in the heart of the capital.

The attacks, described by France's president as an act of war, were designed to show the country would remain in danger as long as it continued its current policies, Islamic State said in a statement.

"To teach France, and all nations following its path, that they will remain at the top of Islamic State’s list of targets, and that the smell of death won’t leave their noses as long as they partake in their crusader campaign," said the group.

French President Francois Hollande said the violence was organized from abroad by Islamic State with internal help.

"Faced with war, the country must take appropriate action," he said, without saying what that meant.

The attacks at a stadium, concert hall and cafes and restaurants in northern and eastern Paris were "an act of war committed by Daesh that was prepared, organized and planned from outside (of France)" with help from inside France, Hollande said, using the Arabic acronym for Islamic State.

Earlier on Saturday, Islamic State distributed an undated video threatening to attack France if bombings of its fighters continued.

The group's foreign media arm, Al-Hayat Media Centre, made threats through several militants who called on French Muslims to carry out attacks.

"As long as you keep bombing you will not live in peace. You will even fear traveling to the market," said one of the militants, identified as Abu Maryam the Frenchman.

Hollande said the attacks were "an act of war".

The location of the Islamic State fighters in the video was not clear and it was not possible to determine when it was filmed, but the message was unmistakable.

The fighters, who appeared to be French citizens, sat cross-legged in a group wearing fatigues and holding weapons in what appeared to be a wooded area. The video showed the militants burning passports.

"Indeed you have been ordered to fight the infidel wherever you find him – what are you waiting for?," said Abu Maryam.

"Know that jihad in this time is obligatory on all."

Another militant, identified as Abu Salman the Frenchman, said: "There are weapons and cars available and targets ready to be hit. Even poison is available, so poison the water and food of at least one of the enemies of Allah."

"Terrorize them and do not allow them to sleep due to fear and horror," he added.

Foreign fighters who join Islamic State, the group which controls large swathes of Iraq and Syria, are seen as especially dangerous because Western passports enable them to live in and travel to Western countries undetected.

Another militant in the video, identified as Abu Osama the Frenchman, appealed to Muslims living in France to head to Syria to wage jihad, in "a message from your French brothers".

"Jihad is the path of Allah You strengthen their economy and pay taxes which they use to fight us, and kill our sister, our women and our children," he said.

"Are you not embarrassed? Repent to your Lord and come join us. Because a day may come when the borders will be closed and you will be left only with tears and regret."

DemonGeminiX
11-14-2015, 12:50 PM
France is their main target 'cause they can't get to anywhere else with as much ease as they can get to France. Fuck the European Union, man. Close your borders.

Goofy
11-14-2015, 12:54 PM
France is their main target 'cause they can't get to anywhere else with as much ease as they can get to France. Fuck the European Union, man. Close your borders.

Too late, the cunts are spread worldwide already :|

Muddy
11-14-2015, 01:22 PM
The Islamists are sealing their fate. They are going to bring the wrath of the entire world.

redred
11-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Something happened at Gatwick airport uk this morning

Goofy
11-14-2015, 01:35 PM
The Islamists are sealing their fate. They are going to bring the wrath of the entire world.

Agreed, unfortunately i see many peaceful, law abiding muslims suffering along the way.......

Goofy
11-14-2015, 01:36 PM

Thanks for that wonderful insight mate :tup:

:lol:

Goofy
11-14-2015, 01:37 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gatwick-airport-north-terminal-evacuated-for-protection-of-the-public-a6734426.html

Gatwick Airport North Terminal evacuated 'for protection of the public' after suspicious item found

Suspicious item......... redred's ears? :-k

redred
11-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Nope they're in bristol

Goofy
11-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Sent by Earmail? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Nope they're in bristol

http://i.imgur.com/Iz7CJOa.jpg

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2015, 03:04 PM
By EMILY KNAPP and EMILY SHAPIRO - ABC News

http://i.imgur.com/cvAsIRO.jpg

A wave of devastating attacks on civilians across Paris Friday night has left at least 127 dead and many more injured, including Americans.

As France initiates a state of emergency and begins several days of mourning, here is a break down of what we know so far:

Where

Six separate attacks were carried out across Paris, beginning after 10 p.m. local time Friday night.

One of the targets was the Stade de France soccer stadium, where Germany was playing France in a game that French President Francois Hollande was attending. Hollande was evacuated from the stadium.

http://i.imgur.com/qjtjbGc.jpg

At least 80 were killed inside the Bataclan concert hall, where American rock band Eagles of Death Metal was playing. A witness in the theater told ABC News she heard gunmen shout "Syria!" .

The four other attacks were at other locations in the 10th and 11th districts of Paris where gunmen targeted bars and restaurants. Police said some attackers first sprayed cafes outside the venue with machine gunfire before continuing the assault inside the concert hall.

http://i.imgur.com/UC2tar6.jpg

The Victims

At least 127 people were dead from the attacks, Hollande said Saturday morning.

At least 200 were injured including 70 in critical condition, a French official told ABC News.

Americans were among those injured, according to the State Department.

"The U.S. government is working closely with French authorities to identify American victims," said Deputy Spokesperson Mark Toner. "We are aware there are Americans among the injured, and are offering them the full range of consular assistance."

http://i.imgur.com/pWzjSqF.jpg

The Attackers

Eight attackers are dead, seven from detonating their suicide vests, according to Agence France-Presse, citing police. A Syrian passport was found on the body of an attacker near the Stade de France stadium, police told ABC News. At least one of the gunmen has been identified, a French government official told ABC News.

According to Agence France-Presse, citing a police source, three of the attackers at the concert hall died when they detonated their suicide belts as police closed in. A fourth was shot dead by police. AFP said that three more attackers were dead outside the Stade de France soccer stadium and one on a street in eastern Paris.

The Paris prosecutor's office warned that "accomplices" could still be on loose and French authorities urged residents to remain at home.

http://i.imgur.com/M3PrZA6.jpg

Hollande blamed terror group ISIS for the attacks, which he called “an act of war.”

ISIS today released a statement claiming responsibility for the attack. In an audio statement released online in Arabic and French, the group said ISIS “soldiers” targeted the “capital of prostitution and obscenity.”

The statement said eight attackers were involved and claimed the attack was the “first of the storm and a warning to those who wish to learn.”

A State of Emergency in France

http://i.imgur.com/Kfztl4h.jpg

France is in a state of emergency as an additional 1,500 soldiers have been mobilized to guard Paris's parliament buildings, religious sites and tourist attractions.

All public buildings in Paris, including schools, museums, libraries and town halls, were closed indefinitely starting Saturday.

Police said public demonstrations would be banned in the Paris area until Thursday.

Hollande has declared three days of national mourning.

The French flag was at half-mast on top of the Elysee palace, the official residence of Hollande.

Goofy
11-14-2015, 07:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8O2SG31.jpg

Godfather
11-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Holder of Syrian passport found in Paris passed through Greece
Source: Reuters - Sat, 14 Nov 2015 04:22 PM Author: Reuters

ATHENS, Nov 14 (Reuters) - The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris passed though Greece in October, a Greek minister said.

"The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on Oct. 3, 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules," said Greece's deputy minister in charge of police, Nikos Toscas.

Toscas did not know if the passport was checked by other countries through which the holder possibly passed on his way to France. A Greek police source said French authorities had asked other countries in Europe, including Greece, to check on the passport.

(Editing by Giles Elgood)
http://www.trust.org/item/20151114162424-k7uxy/

Goofy
11-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Holder of Syrian passport found in Paris passed through Greece
Source: Reuters - Sat, 14 Nov 2015 04:22 PM Author: Reuters

ATHENS, Nov 14 (Reuters) - The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris passed though Greece in October, a Greek minister said.

"The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on Oct. 3, 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules," said Greece's deputy minister in charge of police, Nikos Toscas.

Toscas did not know if the passport was checked by other countries through which the holder possibly passed on his way to France. A Greek police source said French authorities had asked other countries in Europe, including Greece, to check on the passport.

(Editing by Giles Elgood)
http://www.trust.org/item/20151114162424-k7uxy/

Yep, and we're just waving them right in :|

Godfather
11-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Aaand our new PM is still planning on rushing in 25,000 by THE NEW YEAR. That's 500 screenings a day. Sure, nobody like this will get through here like they did in France :roll: French Intelligence is just one of the top organizations and most experienced in the world... I'm sure we can do better right?

Hugh_Janus
11-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Agreed, unfortunately i see many peaceful, law abiding muslims suffering along the way.......

no such thing :hand: they are all extremists

Hal-9000
11-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Aaand our new PM is still planning on rushing in 25,000 by THE NEW YEAR. That's 500 screenings a day. Sure, nobody like this will get through here like they did in France :roll: French Intelligence is just one of the top organizations and most experienced in the world... I'm sure we can do better right?

I sincerely hope our new PM is looking at this and reevaluating his promise. As your sarcasm rightly points out, our screening processes can't touch other international entry points.

How convenient for us to allow terrorist minded folks in so close to the US...

Hal-9000
11-15-2015, 07:25 PM

Fook me after 9/11 we had four brown guys out of nine staff members and even I started looking at one guy a little differently...

You bring up such a sad and valid point...less than a portion of one per cent of a religion are radicals and the rest of the people have to suffer

Pony
11-15-2015, 07:32 PM
less than a portion of one per cent of a religion are radicals and the rest of the people have to suffer

It wouldn't hurt if the 99% spent some time condemning the actions of the 1%.

Hal-9000
11-15-2015, 07:37 PM
It wouldn't hurt if the 99% spent some time condemning the actions of the 1%.

I touched on that in the other thread...if there was some way to quell the fear and protect them, I'm sure some people in the group see and hear things.

I had a long talk with a devout Muslim coworker (dude is 65) and he went to temple nightly. He said there is never any talk of extremism or even hints at support of terror events that have occurred. He also practices one of the most passive varieties of the faith. It's said like ' Smiley's' or esmileys and I don't know how it's spelled. Like Christianity there are types within the overall Muslim umbrella of faith.

DemonGeminiX
11-15-2015, 11:58 PM
France has responded to the terror attack by launching an aerial assault and dropping 20 bombs on the ISIS Syrian stronghold of Raqqa. I think France is a tad pissed off.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/france-drops-20-bombs-on-is-stronghold-raqqa/ar-BBn2vkJ?li=AAa0dzB

Godfather
11-16-2015, 12:36 AM
less than a portion of one per cent of a religion are radicals and the rest of the people have to suffer

I wish I believed it was that small a number, but from studies it seems that it's an entire population of people who are far more radical that the vast majority in the West :wha:

http://vidble.com/GjpDwJJaPA.png

Hal-9000
11-16-2015, 12:44 AM
:-k and I read that stat in an online newspaper that took all brands of the Muslim faith and did the math. To quantify it a bit more they didn't have categories about marriage, adultery beliefs etc. They jsut said radical Muslims committing terrorist actions.

Actually, now that I think about it how would they ever get an accurate number for or against? A quick poll? :-s

Godfather
11-16-2015, 12:50 AM
:-k and I read that stat in an online newspaper that took all brands of the Muslim faith and did the math. To quantify it a bit more they didn't have categories about marriage, adultery beliefs etc. They jsut said radical Muslims committing terrorist actions.

Actually, now that I think about it how would they ever get an accurate number for or against? A quick poll? :-s

For sure, 1% committing terrorist actions is probably even high, I got your point I'm just being a dick :lol:

Hal-9000
11-16-2015, 01:19 AM
:lol: I've missed you being a dick, no worries

On a more serious note we all gather our opinions of this nature from sources, because we don't have any personal experience in the subject. Sources vary and that becomes part of our personal narrative when discussing the issue. What seems correct..

I'm sure if there was an accurate count of every person following the Muslim faith, we'd be surprised at the number. Your graph says 1.6 billion and even that is a fckton of people

RBP
11-16-2015, 01:22 AM
I wish I believed it was that small a number, but from studies it seems that it's an entire population of people who are far more radical that the vast majority in the West :wha:

http://vidble.com/GjpDwJJaPA.png

Radical by a western definition of civility. I am willing to wager that the Muslim definition of radical is far different.

RBP
11-16-2015, 01:24 AM
I miss your dick

he's taken now :hand:

DemonGeminiX
11-16-2015, 01:29 AM
:-s

Make no assumptions, we know nothing about the woman. She very well may be into that shit.

RBP
11-16-2015, 01:32 AM
:-s

Make no assumptions, we know nothing about the woman. She very well may be into that shit.

Fair enough. I support her watching-my-husband-get-blown-by-an-effeminate-stoned-aging-Calgarian fetish. :tup:

Hal-9000
11-16-2015, 01:43 AM
:-k I sense we're not talking about radical Muslims anymore

:lol: shut up!

Griffin
11-16-2015, 04:25 AM
Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk.
The older of the two pulls a bag out of her purse and starts flipping through photos. They start reminiscing.
This is my oldest son, Mujibar. He would have been 24 years old now.''
Yes, I remember him as a baby'' says the other mother cheerfully.
He's a martyr now though" the mother confides.
Oh, so sad dear'' says the other.
And this is my second son, Khalid. He would have been 21.''
Oh, I remember him,'' says the other happily,
he had such curly hair when he was born.''
He's a martyr too'' says the mother quietly.
Oh, gracious me . . . '' says the other.
And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed.
He would have been 18'', she whispers.
"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, ''I remember when he first started school''
He's a martyr also,'' says the mother, with tears in her eyes.
After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs and, searching for the right words, says . . .
"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

Fodster
11-16-2015, 04:36 AM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Looks like it could have been a lot worse :|

Suicide bomber was blocked from entering Stade de France
The Wall Street Journal

http://i.imgur.com/HjDqB80.jpg

At least one of the attackers outside France’s national soccer stadium had a ticket to the game and attempted to enter the 80,000-person venue, according to a Stade de France security guard who was on duty and French police.

The guard—who asked to be identified only by his first name, Zouheir—said the attacker was discovered wearing an explosives vest when he was frisked at the entrance to the stadium about 15 minutes into the game. France was playing an exhibition against Germany inside.

While attempting to back away from security, Zouheir said, the attacker detonated the vest, which was loaded with explosives and bolts, according to Paris prosecutor François Molins. Zouheir, who was stationed by the players’ tunnel, said he was briefed on the sequence by the security frisking team at the gate.

A police officer confirmed the sequence, adding that police suspect the attacker aimed to detonate his vest inside the stadium in order to provoke a deadly stampede.

The account sheds light on why the suicide attacks on Stade de France failed to cause the carnage that occurred at the Bataclan concert hall and restaurants across Paris. More than 120 people died in the string of attacks Friday.

The blasts occurred during the first half of the game, sowing confusion throughout the stadium. At least two blasts were heard clearly inside the stadium, witnesses said, and on the television broadcast. Loud blasts aren’t uncommon at soccer matches on the European continent where fans sometimes set off firecrackers.

At first, Zouheir said he too thought the early blast was a firecracker. Then his walkie-talkie came alive with chatter, and he noticed that French President Francois Hollande—who was in attendance at the Stade de France—was being ushered out of the stadium.

“Once I saw Hollande being evacuated, I knew it wasn’t firecrackers,” said Zouheir, who could see the VIP box from his post. He added that President Hollande left after the first blast.

Hal-9000
11-16-2015, 05:00 PM
it's too bad they can't come up with something like a hand held scanner on a parabolic system that could detect people wearing those vests....not just at entrances of buildings, have entire areas of city blocks scanned as thousands walk by. Part two would be a device that figures out the frequency of the detonator and disables it. Worst thing would be people getting detained and checked.