PDA

View Full Version : Muslim student asks why Islam is portrayed as bad. Gets perfect answer.

Godfather
11-14-2015, 09:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4zis1E0p0M&feature=youtu.be

Godfather
11-14-2015, 09:37 PM
I should follow this up by saying that while I think it's an enjoyable rant, The Heritage Foundation is a very conservative American think tank and as such has an evangelical lean. Can't say I support them in the grand scheme. She also didn't answer the question and tossed the girl under the bus. I don't actually know why I posted it, it just gave me a justice boner with Paris fresh on the mind I guess.

Goofy
11-14-2015, 10:19 PM
That was pretty damn awesome actually :clap:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2015, 12:05 PM
I should follow this up by saying that while I think it's an enjoyable rant, The Heritage Foundation is a very conservative American think tank and as such has an evangelical lean. Can't say I support them in the grand scheme. She also didn't answer the question and tossed the girl under the bus. I don't actually know why I posted it, it just gave me a justice boner with Paris fresh on the mind I guess.

That was awesome and that girl needed to be tossed under the bus. It's always the same old shit with the 'peaceful' Muslims...boohoo, why does everyone hate us. Well, maybe it's because you all stand around and do nothing to stop the terrorism, or when acts of terrorism happen, they show celebrations going on in Arab countries. People like that girl need to just STFU and do something, not just whine about being portrayed in a bad light every time there's yet ANOTHER terrorist attack carried out by Muslims.

She got :pwnd:

Godfather
11-17-2015, 05:21 AM
:lol: Agreed

Hal-9000
11-17-2015, 06:40 PM

I've heard the 15-25% figure isn't correct but that's another discussion.She brought up a good point comparing to the Nazis but I don't know what her goal was. If you're part of the peaceful or passive portion, how do you stop the bad elements? I made a post explaining how my Muslim friend at work told me quite clearly, how they never hear about plans to do harm or even hear about support for the bad instances that occur. So how are the sheep supposed to stop the wolves if they don't know who they are or have knowledge of their plans? We can't expect that radicals share details with everyone on the block. Another way to put it is to use the German example. While the Nazis were governing their cities and killing certain races in 1941, what could Fritz and Helga, who are sitting at home, being passive citizens, do to stop the armed sentries and large government militia controlling the cities and shooting anyone who disagrees?

I'm not saying stick your head in the sand when you're part of something that has a bad element, but what are the real life things that you can actually do? Speak up? Make a Tweet? Passive Muslims are not going to march to Syria and take up arms to fight ISIS.

A personal example is that I'm a Christian and hear about the Westboro Baptists conducting their hate parades and demonstrations. They're not killing people but let's say they starting cutting heads off of atheists and recording it on video. What can I do? Pose as one, infiltrate the church, then take out 20 of them with a hidden machine gun? I can't even pass along names until I somehow breach the inner circle. I'm sorry but now we're talking about 007 stuff and most people are not able to do that.

We have to remember that extremists are successful because they don't tell everyone what the plan is. I think it's another type of racism when you assume that just because someone is Muslim, they should have a role in stopping the radical elements of that faith. As we discussed, most passive members know about as much as you and I when it comes to terror attacks...and what are we doing to stop them right now besides posting our feelings on a message board?

Goofy
11-17-2015, 07:19 PM
I've heard the 15-25% figure isn't correct but that's another discussion.She brought up a good point comparing to the Nazis but I don't know what her goal was. If you're part of the peaceful or passive portion, how do you stop the bad elements? I made a post explaining how my Muslim friend at work told me quite clearly, how they never hear about plans to do harm or even hear about support for the bad instances that occur. So how are the sheep supposed to stop the wolves if they don't know who they are or have knowledge of their plans?

How about all the Islamic leaders in the world (Immams or whatever theyre called) all start giving interviews on tv condemning all this shit and explain that anyone who does this shit is certainly not going to heaven but rather a fiery hot hell? But no, they all keep eerily quiet.........

Hal-9000
11-17-2015, 07:29 PM
How about all the Islamic leaders in the world (Immams or whatever theyre called) all start giving interviews on tv condemning all this shit and explain that anyone who does this shit is certainly not going to heaven but rather a fiery hot hell? But no, they all keep eerily quiet.........

Probably wouldn't do much good. I'm told people interpret the Quran as many different ways as the Christians interpret the bible. If they think killing one thousand infidels is the right thing to do...

Hal-9000
11-17-2015, 07:41 PM
I've also read where devout Muslims have said they've found most extremists are not religious, because their quotes, ideologies and reasoning behind attacks don't appear in the Quran. The article explains most of them are politically motivated and brainwashed into thinking western civilization is evil. The hate isn't based in religion, it's more of a racial war involving them vs North America and whites in Europe. Supposedly capitalism and our way of life really upsets them, along with our ideals on freedom, women's rights and peace.

I'll never know or really care what's behind a terrorist's motivations. If he hates me out of religion or because I represent a different lifestyle choice, he's still mentally ill in my opinion.