PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Pizza delivery man fired over offensive texts to customer

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Evelyn Kwong - The Toronto Star

It was an ordinary Tuesday night for Nadisha Mendes and her sister who had just placed an order at Pizza Pizza, one of their “regular spots”, but what was delivered to her Thornhill home was more than just a pizza – a series of offensive texts.

As regular customers of the Pizza chain and having usually received their pie “in 20 minutes or less,” the wait time grew unusually long, almost past Pizza Pizza’s 40 minute time guarantee for 12:37 a.m.

“I am used to our deliveries coming fast. I wanted to call Customer Service just to confirm that my order went through.” says Mendes. Within five minutes of the phone call, around 12:41 a.m., she received a knock at the door from the delivery man. “I put him on the phone with customer service, who had told him the pizza would be free.”

Minutes after, she received a series of texts from the delivery man accusing her of “strategizing on how to get a free pizza,” and calling her “pathetic” for selling her conscience all for a “cheated pizza.”

http://i.imgur.com/mM2jS02.jpg

The texts then proceeded to attack her body image, saying that she shouldn’t be eating the pizza and that she “could lose a few pounds.”

“It was horrible, I felt that I was being attacked,” Mendes says, “It wasn’t about the money, I would’ve paid for it, but this is a breach of trust.”

Since Tuesday, Nadisha has had a difficult time getting through to Pizza Pizza. She recalls being hung up on in first phone call with someone who was posing as a “district sales manager.”

On Thursday, she received a call from the actual District Sales Manager Sakti Hasna, who confirmed to Nadisha that the delivery man was a new hire who didn’t understand protocol. Hasna also told Nadisha that he was fired immediately.

Now, Nadisha is scared for her safety. “I know this sounds weird, but I’ve given all my information, and if the delivery guy was able to send those texts after a free pizza, what else could he do?”

Pizza Pizza is known for having the 40 minute time guarantee,

http://i.imgur.com/FN4cJst.jpg

Hal-9000
11-16-2015, 04:29 PM
this guy :lol: