PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey's ex-manager: 'I created a monster,' 'she’s not a good person'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2015, 03:09 PM
By Josh Peter - MMA Junkie

http://i.imgur.com/xla8XHZ.jpg

(This story originally appeared on usatoday.com.)

Darin Harvey, former manager of Ronda Rousey, has credited something other than Holly Holm for in Saturday’s UFC 193 pay-per-view headliner.

Karma.

Harvey, who is suing Rousey over their disputed contract and worked for Rousey during her rise to stardom, Sunday morning posted a link on his Twitter account to the following post on his Instagram account:

“KARAMA. No need for revenge. Just sit back & wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves & if you’re lucky, GOD will let you watch.”

http://i.imgur.com/LhQdIC3.png

Later Sunday, Harvey elaborated on his feelings in an interview with USA TODAY Sports. He said he watched the fight between Rousey (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Holm (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) alone at his house in the Los Angeles area.

“It was kind of bittersweet,” he said. “Part of me was elated and part of me was saddened. The part of me that was saddened was that once I was identified with representing the top female fighter in the world.

“No longer do I have that title.’’

Harvey took on Rousey during the early stages of her MMA career and was around for much of her meteoric rise. She fired Harvey in 2013, after her eighth professional bout and about four years after they joined forces.

Now the two are in litigation, and Harvey said he stands to lose more than $1 million — in legal fees and money he spent on Rousey’s career before he saw a return on his investment.

“And she thought it would be OK that she didn’t owe me a dime,’’ Harvey said, adding that he did not sleep after Rousey’s defeat, the first of her UFC career. “Just so much emotion. She was like a daughter to me at the beginning. She would spend the night at my house before all of her fights.’’

Soon after he took over as her manager, Harvey said, he hired a full-time publicist and a world-class photographer to create press kits. Before long Rousey became a media sensation and landed favorable stories in “Sports Illustrated,” “Time” and a host of other national magazines.

“I created a monster,’’ Harvey said. “She believed she was as special as the press made her out to be.

“They give me absolutely no credit for the success of her career. She’s not a good person. You don’t forget where you came from.’’

Harvey said his relationship with Rousey ended after he refused to accept “status quo’’ terms from the UFC when negotiating a contract for the fighter. That took place almost two years ago, but Harvey said the emotions were still raw during and after Rousey’s fight against Holm.

“In a sense it was poetic justice because she’s wronged so many people that were there for her at the beginning of her career,’’ he said. “To not be part of something I was instrumental in creating, has been very difficult.”

Muddy
11-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Welp, it's all over now..!