PDA

View Full Version : Man's neck slashed by backseat passenger after he changed radio station, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2015, 12:28 PM
By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive

http://i.imgur.com/NBN1MJk.jpg

A 31-year-old man accused of reaching from the back seat of a car and slashing the neck of a front seat passenger has been indicted on attempt to commit murder and assault charges.

Witnesses described the assault as completely unprovoked, and said it may have occurred because the front passenger changed the radio station, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Santos Kuyam is charged with attempt to commit murder, first-degree and second-degree assault stemming from the Nov. 7 attack.

It occurred in a car parked in the 6100 block of Northeast Ainsworth Street. Several friends were seated in the car drinking and listening to music.

Mario Alberto Salazar-Castillo was in the front passenger seat.

Shortly after he changed the radio station, the man seated directly behind him reached around Salazar-Castillo's body, and cut his throat with a knife, leaving about a four-inch laceration, deputy district attorney Jeffrey Auxier wrote in the affidavit.

Police arrested Santos Kuyam at the Cracker Box Tavern. Upon arrest, Kuyam told Officer Daniel Romanowski, "I have to...I have to...I have to...cut my friend he say I would die,'' the affidavit said. Kuyam described the victim as an acquaintance he knew for just over one week.

Salazar-Castillo was treated at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center for a cut to the left side of his neck.

Kuyam pleaded not guilty Tuesday morning to the indictment in Multnomah County Circuit Court.

He remains in custody on $750,000 bail at Inverness Jail.

RBP
11-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Maybe he turned on a Justin Bieber song. Justifiable homicide!

HyperV12
11-18-2015, 01:25 PM

:lol:

Goofy
11-18-2015, 01:34 PM

:agreed:

Someone changes my radio station (Planet Rock) they better run........... :beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2015, 01:42 PM
:agreed:

Someone changes my radio station (Planet Rock) they better run........... :beatdown:

:saysyou: