PDA

View Full Version : UVM student accused of threatening roommate with blow torch

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2015, 12:59 PM
WCAX TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6zqu_9Sb7w

BURLINGTON, Vt. -

A University of Vermont student was arrested after allegedly threatening his roommate with a small hand-held blow torch.

According to court documents, 18-year-old Connor Ferreira used the device on multiple occasions while arguing with a fellow student inside his dorm room at the University Heights South building. The most recent incident reportedly happened at the end of October when authorities say he also attempted to block the individual from leaving the room.

“I'd say it's fairly uncommon. I've never heard of any incidents between roommates really. I think that's really severe roommate drama. I've heard of smaller issues but never something of that nature. It's never been that bad," said Adam Barson, UVM Sophomore.

Ferreira is charged with assault and unlawful restraint. He is currently still listed as a UVM student.

A university spokesman could not comment specifically on the case but says a situation like this would typically be referred to the UVM Center for Ethics and Standards.

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2015, 01:07 PM
“I'd say it's fairly uncommon. I've never heard of any incidents between roommates really. I think that's really severe roommate drama. I've heard of smaller issues but never something of that nature. It's never been that bad," said Adam Barson, UVM Sophomore.

You don't know shit, little boy. In Savannah, I chased my roommate out of the apartment with a baseball bat on the multiple occasions that little shit threatened me, AND when I was up at Ga Tech, I lived across the hall from a few football players and their fights usually ended with at least one of them literally being put through a wall. Their apartment was absolutely trashed at the end of every semester and they would have to fix it themselves. I have no idea how they managed to not get thrown off campus, but I suspect being football players had something to do with it.