PDA

View Full Version : University Of Vermont Holds Retreat For White Students To Study Their 'White Privilege'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2015, 01:19 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/kxgIjxR.png

The University of Vermont held a retreat "specifically for white students" on Nov. 13-15 at the Common Ground Family Center in Starksboro.

According to the university website, the retreat was entitled, "Examining White Privilege: A Retreat for Undergraduate Students Who Self-Identify as White.”

The retreat was supposed to help students "recognize and understand white privilege from an individual experience," and "build a community of dialogue and support in taking action against racism."

White students were to be asked the following questions: "What does it mean to be white?" and "How does whiteness impact you?" and "What action steps can you take individually to interrupt racism?"

Meanwhile, at Kansas University, the Student Executive Committee voted 6-3 on Nov. 13 to call for the resignations of Student Body President Jessie Pringle, Student Body Vice President Zach George and Chief of Staff Adam Moon, reports LJWorld.com.

According to Student Executive Committee members, Pringle and George refused to "stand in solidarity with their black peers and proclaim that Black Lives Matter" at a forum on race at the school.

The student officers have to resign by Nov. 18, or the Student Senate will begin impeachment.

The Student Senate announced on Nov. 14 that Pringle, George and Moon said in a statement that they would not resign, and added, "Black lives matter. Black lives matter at the University of Kansas."

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2015, 01:49 PM
:fu:

Goofy
11-19-2015, 01:50 PM
:cheers:

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2015, 01:50 PM
:-k

Have any of the white people here on the forum ever thought about what it meant to be white? Cause it never crossed my mind. Ever.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Have any of the white people here on the forum ever thought about what it meant to be white? Cause it never crossed my mind. Ever.

:privilege:

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2015, 01:52 PM
I'll take that as a "no".

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2015, 01:54 PM
I reflect upon it all the time :hand:

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah, I bet you do.

Goofy
11-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Nope, but then again i wasn't brought up to care about people's race :)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Nope, but then again i wasn't brought up to care about people's race :)

:racist:

Goofy
11-19-2015, 02:04 PM
:racist:

:-s I mean i was brought up to not care whether someone was white, black, brown, beige, pink, yellow, blue etc :slap: The only race we're brought up to dislike is the English.......

:banana: :lol:

Muddy
11-19-2015, 03:37 PM
My white privilege check was late last month.. I need to speak to "the MAN"..

HyperV12
11-19-2015, 06:02 PM
:-s I mean i was brought up to not care whether someone was white, black, brown, beige, pink, yellow, blue etc :slap: The only race we're brought up to dislike is the English.......

:banana: :lol:

:tup: :bagpipes:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I only self identify as white, I'm not actually white

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2015, 07:36 PM
When you play Uno, do you steal all the green cards?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-19-2015, 07:55 PM
:rofl:

perrhaps
11-19-2015, 09:01 PM
The University could have saved a lot of money by just sending the students to this Friday's Happy Hour at the closest Country Club.

RBP
11-20-2015, 12:36 AM
When you play Uno, do you steal all the green cards?

:lol: :+1:

Griffin
11-20-2015, 12:40 AM

Only at the end of the year when once again I am on the paying side instead of the free ride side. :meh:

RBP
11-20-2015, 12:46 AM
Only at the end of the year when once again I am on the paying side instead of the free ride side. :meh:

http://taxfoundation.org/article/growing-class-americans-who-pay-no-federal-income-taxes

http://i65.tinypic.com/2h68v0g.png

I am not sure where the cash economy figures into the racial breakdown. That paragraph seems to reflect filers.

Godfather
11-20-2015, 03:29 AM
Universities are turning into a fucking joke these days. The average universities are now just a day are for adults rather than a place of higher education. I'm not sure whether to blame racial quotas or all the bullshit advertising pandering to morons who think a degree is psychology will get them $70k/year.