PDA

View Full Version : Toddler dies after siblings lock her in oven

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2015, 11:57 AM
FOX News

Two Houston 3-year-olds who were left home alone Thursday locked their 19-month-old sister in an oven, turned it on and killed her.

Child Protective Services records reviewed by KTRK show one child put J’Zyra Thompson in the oven and the other made it “hot.” The baby reportedly kicked the oven door while inside. Attempts to resuscitate Thompson, who had multiple burns, were unsuccessful.

No charges have been filed yet, though CPS workers wrote in a court filing that criminal charges are expected. The children are currently in foster care.

J’Zyra’s mom, Racquel Thompson, left her four kids – all under the age of 5 – home alone while she and a boyfriend got food at Domino's Pizza and filled a prescription at Walgreens, police said.

Frederick Price is the father of at least two of Thompson’s children, and said he may be J’Zyra’s dad, but never took a paternity test to find out. He told KTRK that he hadn’t seen the children in months after failed attempts to contact Thompson.

“She was a cute little baby, I just didn’t know if that was my daughter or not,” Price said.

The grandmother of at least one of the children lived in the same apartment complex as Thompson, but Thompson never informed her she was leaving to get food or asked her to watch the kids, according to CPS case workers. Price also said Thompson should have called him.

“It’s very irresponsible,” he said. “Someone should have been here or I should have gotten a phone call, come and get my children.”

Price said he plans to contact CPS to try to take custody of his kids.

HyperV12
11-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Jesus :shock:

Hal-9000
11-23-2015, 05:30 PM
J’Zyra’s mom, Racquel Thompson, left her four kids – all under the age of 5...

you don't deserve to have children

Pony
11-23-2015, 05:36 PM
you don't deserve to have children

But she had to go with her boyfriend to get a painkiller script filled...

Hal-9000
11-23-2015, 05:38 PM
But she had to go with her boyfriend to get a painkiller script filled...

Yes and riding shotgun to buy pizza is important as well..

PorkChopSandwiches
11-23-2015, 05:58 PM
:shock:

Hugh_Janus
11-23-2015, 06:40 PM
j'zyra.... really?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2015, 06:45 PM
j'zyra.... really?

:racist:

Jezter
11-23-2015, 08:47 PM