PDA

View Full Version : College student killed himself while on massive MDMA comedown

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Rob Waugh for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/IIQZvr7.jpg

A bright college student killed himself due to depression caused by an MDMA comedown after taking the drug the previous Friday.

Ben Stollery, 18, is thought to have taken the Ecstasy power MDMA during a Friday night out with friends.

But by the following Monday it is feared he was suffering from a comedown and he was found hanged by a river bank near a canoe club.

A toxicologist who found traces of MDMA in the teenager’s blood said the youngster may have suffering the effects of ‘Suicide Tuesday’ a nickname given to the trend for people who use recreational drugs on a Saturday then kill themselves when they fully come down from the high the following Tuesday.

Toxicologist, Julie Evans, said: ‘There was no alcohol found in Ben’s system but there was MDMA. It was a very low level and it’s likely it is from either a few days before or that it was taken very close to the time of death and had not passed through.

‘MDMA is a social drug and it increases energy but there is a term called Suicide Tuesday. A downside is that it can lead to depression, anxiety, tiredness and feeling hungry. Everyone is affected differently. His state of mind might have been affected.

Recording a verdict of suicide coroner Joanne Kearsley said: ‘On the weekend of March 6 to 9 he had been out on the Friday then at home the rest of the weekend. We know that within his blood at the time of his death was Ecstasy.

‘Julie Evans explained how in some people the “comedown” effects can impact on their state of mind. He had reported feeling particularly low in the days after he had used illicit substances.

‘On the balance of probabilities, I do believe his state of mind was influenced by MDMA and the comedown part of this drug.’

Muddy
11-23-2015, 04:13 PM
Fuck taking a drug that has a comedown effect of "suicide Tuesday"...

redred
11-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Never had that myself in all the times I've used it

PorkChopSandwiches
11-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Yeah, me too. I have never even heard that term

Hal-9000
11-23-2015, 06:08 PM
A downside is that it can lead to depression, anxiety, tiredness and feeling hungry.

If that's the worst side effects, I get that same effect from waking up in the morning..

Hugh_Janus
11-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Never had that myself in all the times I've used it

probably because you're chewing your face off 24/7 :lol:

Hal-9000
11-23-2015, 06:51 PM
:lol:

deebakes
11-24-2015, 02:12 AM
:rip:

Godfather
11-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Whether this is related to underlying depression or not, MDMA is a drug that really bothers me. There have been a few sad stories of otherwise 'good kids' taking MDMA at a party, coming home, say goodnight to their parents and not waking up, both here in BC and Alberta in the past year years.... and yet it continues to be used as casually as beer and weed by many. I have a few friends who use it routinely when going to shows or music festivals. This shit might come from a bathtub in Thailand for all people know, and yet they happily pop it saying "Oh no it's not ecstasy it's pure MDMA." A friend of mine with a Masters in Chemistry is a huge advocate for it :| Not cool.

redred
11-24-2015, 09:37 AM
from what i remember canada is one of the biggest producers of MDMA , one problem of the drug is you can't keep taking it all night your serotonin levels wipe out at around 250mg but i've seen people try and take a lot more and turn themselfs into jelly for the night , not much fun , there is also plenty of good test kits for sell out there that will show you the stuff you are buying is real

PorkChopSandwiches
11-24-2015, 05:16 PM
there is also plenty of good test kits for sell out there that will show you the stuff you are buying is real

This is what I was going to say as well

Hal-9000
11-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Whether this is related to underlying depression or not, MDMA is a drug that really bothers me. There have been a few sad stories of otherwise 'good kids' taking MDMA at a party, coming home, say goodnight to their parents and not waking up, both here in BC and Alberta in the past year years.... and yet it continues to be used as casually as beer and weed by many. I have a few friends who use it routinely when going to shows or music festivals. This shit might come from a bathtub in Thailand for all people know, and yet they happily pop it saying "Oh no it's not ecstasy it's pure MDMA." A friend of mine with a Masters in Chemistry is a huge advocate for it :| Not cool.

Understand this concern GF....for us it was acid. Every 10th hit would be some shit a guy put together and sold as LSD. You say the bad MDMA may come from a bathtub in Thailand, how about a bathroom at Walmart? The biggest advantage to smoking weed over these chemical drugs is that you know instantly if it's not weed. You don't go through a 14 hour bad trip from hell and end up in the hospital.