PDA

View Full Version : Christians Outraged By Google Evolution Doodle Celebrating Scientific Discovery

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2015, 12:34 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/ygxAyKH.jpg

On Nov. 24, Google celebrated the 41st anniversary of the archeological discovery of "Lucy," a fossil from 3.2 million years ago. The web giant posted an evolutionary doodle of the March of Progress, which signifies 25 million years of evolutionary development.

Not everyone was happy with the remembrance of this scientific discovery. The Friendly Atheist notes that several Christians were outraged on Twitter:

@google my web page shows google in evolution form. Gtbkm! What do you think are we are evolving to? I am changing search engines! OFFENDED

Today is boycott Google Day for me due to their evolution theme. Sorry, but something from nothing is just...dare I say...stupid.

Google no thanks for the evolution banner. Your promoting a unproven fairytale. The truth is GOD created the heavens and the earth.

Don't believe today's @Google #doodle You were #created by God & made in His #image

Google displaying ape to man evolution. If man came from ape – why are there still apes? Do not be deceived. God made us in His image.

Shame on #google for their logo today. There is no evidence to support evolution of apes to man. Darwin even said it was a stupid theory.

Google's main page is ridiculous. We can showcase something as ridiculous as evolution, but not Christianity. Great?

@google Funny how the main Google image today is the evolution of humans from monkeys. If that was a cross, world would be up in arms. Shame

I love how Google can have a "doodle" celebrating evolution, but they can't have one celebrating the historical significance of Easter...

However, the Friendly Atheist notes that Google has celebrated Easter with doodles.

The BBC reported in 2014 that 40 percent of Lucy's skeleton was discovered by paleoanthropologist Donald Johanson and his team in Ethiopia back in November 1974.

Johanson played a Beatles song, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," while examining the skeletal remains, and one of his team members suggested that he call it "Lucy."

Four years later, Lucy was classified as a new ape-like species called Australopithecus afarensis.

According to The Independent, Lucy showed that the ancestors of humans started walking upright before progressing to an intellectually higher level.

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2015, 12:40 PM
:-s

Must've been the stupid Christians because I wasn't outraged by it at all.

RBP
11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Credit to Monk's post...

http://www.catsmob.com/post/2015/11/5585/cm_20151116_5585_016.gif

Goofy
11-25-2015, 01:21 PM
:-s

Must've been the stupid Christians because I wasn't outraged by it at all.

The lunatic fringe of Christianity :ok:

Hal-9000
11-25-2015, 05:50 PM
ya either believe the entire universe appeared out of the darkness after a huge explosion, or that a divine creator created life......either way I don't care about Google one fuckin bit :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Or you believe that the universe appeared according to theory, but the theory was God's way of making the shit happen. The bible says God created the world in 6 days then he rested on the 7th... who the fuck are we to decide what a day is to God? One day could be 500 million years to God for all we know. God exists outside of our reality and isn't bound by our notions of time and space, so who's to say how God views time? Who's to say that God didn't create man exactly as theory predicts and that evolution wasn't a vehicle for His divine plan all along?

Hugh_Janus
11-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Today is boycott Google Day for me due to their evolution theme. Sorry, but something from nothing is just...dare I say...stupid.

umm....

Hal-9000
11-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Or you believe that the universe appeared according to theory, but the theory was God's way of making the shit happen. The bible says God created the world in 6 days then he rested on the 7th... who the fuck are we to decide what a day is to God? One day could be 500 million years to God for all we know. God exists outside of our reality and isn't bound by our notions of time and space, so who's to say how God views time? Who's to say that God didn't create man exactly as theory predicts and that evolution wasn't a vehicle for His divine plan all along?

I like that atheists say creationism is pure fabrication. Yet if you read about the big bang theory, it postulates that all of the universe's building blocks suddenly appeared, a colossal explosion happened and has been moving every celestial body outwards since the time of the explosion. Ummm exactly where did the physical material come from pre-bang?

Oh and if you actually read about the primordial soup on Earth, biologists still can't reconcile how life appeared. They can say certain elements formed part of a cell, but the 32 or so amino acids needed to replicate could not have happened on it's own. So you got a building block, but no method to actually evolve and create life. (cells dividing).

So who really believes in the fairy tale about life? And damn you DGX for making me go on this tangent! :x

Pony
11-25-2015, 07:47 PM

This I can't argue with and I respect your views, it's the ignorant, closed minded people that disregard all the science and just bury their heads in the sand that really annoy me. Like most of the comments made in the article. I'm sure many of them don't believe in gravity either, we're held down on the surface by nothing but God's love.

Godfather
11-26-2015, 02:17 AM
Ahh the irony. All this beautiful knowledge is right at their fingertips.... and yet they're stuck being blindly outraged at the title page.

deebakes
11-26-2015, 02:57 AM
:facepalm:

Muddy
11-27-2015, 02:49 AM
I dont think we evolved from apes.. I think we evolved.. Just not from apes.. Why? There are still apes...

deebakes
11-27-2015, 04:16 AM
:eek: