PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Facebook Post About Public Breastfeeding Goes Viral

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2015, 02:17 PM
By Brendan Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/C4ixdXU.jpg

A mother who experienced public shaming for breastfeeding uncovered in a restaurant has issued a powerful response to those who have judged her and other mothers.

Ashley Kaidel posted a photo to Facebook on Nov. 24 which shows her breastfeeding her baby without a cover. She appears to be casually staring off camera, but clarifies that that isn’t the case.

“It appears I’m staring off into the distance,” Kaidel wrote in her Facebook post. “In reality, I’m staring into the eyes of a woman staring at me. She is looking at me with disgust and shaking her head with judgement in an attempt to shame me and indirectly tell me without words that I am wrong and need to cover myself.”

Kaidel shared the photo and accompanying post to encourage other mothers to breastfeed in public and not to worry about judgmental people around them. She explained that she didn’t want to put pressure on mothers who don’t want to breastfeed uncovered, but that the post was to encourage mothers who want to breastfeed uncovered to do it without shame or fear of judgment.

"The reason I post these types pictures is for the mother that tried breastfeeding uncovered once and she got shamed, she got stared and pointed at, she got nasty comments, she got asked to leave the room, she got asked to cover up,” Kaidel wrote. “Breasts were made to sustain your baby's life before they were made to bring pleasure to any other man, woman, partner or spouse. Their sole purpose is to make food and dispense it straight into a baby's mouth. There is nothing weird about this and there's no difference in me feeding my baby with my breast than you feeding yourself with a spoon.”

Kaidel also said that she wants children to learn early on that it is normal for babies to breastfeed in order to get rid of the stigma deeming it inappropriate.

Kaidel’s post has been shared well over 100,000 times and liked by over 375,000 people, and it has received over 2,500 comments.

http://i.imgur.com/2OHlNTZ.png

HyperV12
12-01-2015, 02:49 PM
:boobs: :tup:

Goofy
12-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Widnae mind a sook maself :)

Muddy
12-01-2015, 03:57 PM
:uwank: Nice terts mama...!

PorkChopSandwiches
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM
:wank:

Hal-9000
12-01-2015, 06:01 PM
She's kind of attractive...

Not sure how I feel about breastfeeding in public. She is correct about the biological purpose but on the other hand it is an area of the body that's usually covered and it is dispensing a discharge...right into another human's mouth. Part of me feels like it should be done in private.

Hugh_Janus
12-01-2015, 08:42 PM
it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, I have to say.... but you know what I do? I look away so then it doesn't bother me :tup:

Hal-9000
12-01-2015, 08:45 PM
I look away once I clean myself off afterwards

:lol:

Hugh_Janus
12-01-2015, 08:48 PM
seeing a baby hanging off a tit kind of takes away the awesomeness of seeing said boob

Goofy
12-01-2015, 08:59 PM
it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, I have to say.... but you know what I do? I look away so then it doesn't bother me :tup:

Look at you being all "adult" n shit :ok:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-01-2015, 09:01 PM
If she got those hooters whipped out then don't be offended if im looking

Muddy
12-01-2015, 09:35 PM
She's an attention whore idiot.

Hugh_Janus
12-01-2015, 09:38 PM
with seemingly nice boobs

deebakes
12-02-2015, 02:03 AM
:motorboat:

HyperV12
12-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I look away once I clean myself off afterwards

:lol:

It's you she's looking at isn't it? :lol:

Hal-9000
12-02-2015, 11:20 PM
It's you she's looking at isn't it? :lol:

If she can do a biological function in public, I'm entitled to the same grace :lwank:

:lol: yes