PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop stars Public Enemy arrive at gig in fan's Ford Focus

redred
12-01-2015, 07:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XQMQmfC.jpg

Photographer Kevin Wells squeezed Chuck D, Flavor Flav and the rest of the Public Enemy entourage into his Ford Focus and drove them to the Motorpoint Arena gig in Sheffield on Saturday night.

And he posted a selfie of the "surreal" moment on Twitter the following day.

Wells, 50, came to the rescue after getting autographs from the rap stars at the Record Collector store ahead of a busy night photographing other gigs in Sheffield.

When their taxi, which they booked for 6.30pm, drove off before they stars finished signing autographs, Mr Wells came to the rescue.

"People started panicking and looking for someone to drive, so I volunteered," Mr Wells told the Sheffield Star.

During the "surreal journey", Mr Wells said the multimillionaire rappers sang along with him to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody mimicking a scene in the 1990s film Wayne's World.
Then as we were coming through Attercliffe, Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen, came on the radio.

Everyone was singing the words and rocking out in the back of my car, it was like a Wayne’s World moment.

I was looking in the rear view mirror thinking, ‘is this actually happening?’

The band arrived at the arena approximately 15 minutes before they were due on stage.

"I drove up to security and said, ‘I’ve got the band in the back,’" said Mr Wells.

"They looked at me as if I was having them on, but then I rolled down the windows and Chuck D showed them the security pass.

"Amazing, it just didn’t feel real."

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-12-01/hip-hop-stars-public-enemy-arrive-at-gig-in-fans-ford-focus/

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2015, 07:31 PM
:lol: @ Bohemian Rhapsody. I can't see Chuck D and Flavor Flav rocking out to that.

Hal-9000
12-01-2015, 07:32 PM
#whitedriversmatter

that guy is my age and looks like my Dad :lol:

redred
12-01-2015, 07:34 PM
:lol: @ Bohemian Rhapsody. I can't see Chuck D and Flavor Flav rocking out to that.

chuck no but flav :lol: anything could happen

PorkChopSandwiches
12-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Yeeeeeeah Booooooooooy

Goofy
12-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody........ good call :headbang:

deebakes
12-02-2015, 02:10 AM
:rofl: