PDA

View Full Version : The iPhone May Ditch the Headphone Jack...For Real This Time

redred
12-01-2015, 07:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/a4fYxor.jpg

Apple cultivates a unique kind of rumor mill, one that often gets fixated on an idea and just keeps bringing it up year after year. Because eventually, it’s bound to be right...right? That’s the case with a new rumor suggesting Apple’s going to ditch the trusty 3.5mm headphone jack on the iPhone. But unlike past speculation, this time it has a little more weight behind it.

Technology is filled with all kinds of rumors and speculation — real and fabricated.BitStream collects all those whispers into one place to deliver your morning buzz.

The reason that this rumor is more believable this time around is the source, a reliable Apple-obsessed Japanese site Macotakara, claims insider sources confirm Apple will be ditching the 3.5mm port to shave off one millimeter of the iPhone. Instead, the iPhone will rely on bluetooth headphones and a new audio-enabled lightning port, which some headphone makers like Philips already make. This means Apple’s usual earpods will be replaced with Lightning-enabled ones, and if you want to use your old, trusty, non-Bluetooth headphones, you’ll need a converter (which I’m sure Apple will happily sell you.)

With more convincing specifics on why Apple would ditch the port, along with Macotakara’s good record of accurately predicting and reporting on other Apple rumors, this one might actually come to pass. The iPhone 7 is also the year the phone will see significant physical changes in comparison to its “S” years.

So, no more 3.5mm jack. Add it to the already-growing pile of iPhone 7 rumors that won’t be put to rest until Tim Cook takes the stage in early September next year. [Macotakara]

http://gizmodo.com/the-iphone-may-ditch-the-headphone-jack-for-real-this-1745456111

Goofy
12-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Eejits :shakehead:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-01-2015, 08:26 PM
They have a big enough fan base that will realize it was what is best for them anyway and buy it

Goofy
12-01-2015, 08:27 PM
They have a big enough fan base that will realize it was what is best for them anyway and buy it

http://i.imgur.com/5KQh1Z6.jpg

deebakes
12-02-2015, 02:09 AM
:woot:

wait... :doh:

Muddy
12-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Urban legend.

Godfather
12-03-2015, 02:45 AM
Urban legend.

Yep. Apple has invested far too much in Apple Music and iTunes. I just don't buy it.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-03-2015, 05:25 AM
Just because the decided to get rid of a standard jack, doesn't mean they will ditch headphones, they will just sell everyone new ones using their jack

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Just because the decided to get rid of a standard jack, doesn't mean they will ditch headphones, they will just sell everyone new ones using their jack

Yup, just like when they changed the port that you plug the charger in a few iPhones ago so everyone had to get new chargers :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Exactly, they will sell headphones that plug into the charging port. And this guy who is leaking this story has been right about apple innovations, I think 90% of the time

deebakes
12-04-2015, 02:21 AM
:sad2:

Godfather
12-04-2015, 02:40 AM
Yup, just like when they changed the port that you plug the charger in a few iPhones ago so everyone had to get new chargers :lol:

The EU was fucking smart to make USB the standard. Changing the cable to anything but micro usb was probably the most egregious thing Apple's done.... and it didn't fucking change their fan base one bit :lol: