PDA

View Full Version : Would-be sex attacker left battered and bruised after victim fights back

redred
12-02-2015, 04:59 PM
A sex attacker from Sheffield was left battered and bruised after his victim fought back - attacking him with her keys.

http://i.imgur.com/vNn1cs8.jpg

Johnathon Holmes, 35, dragged the woman into a hedge but she hit him in the face with her keys and managed to escape.

Holmes has now been jailed for four-and-a-half years for the horrific attack.

His victim told Sheffield Crown Court: "I believed without a doubt this man was going to rape me.

"My life would have been over - he might as well have killed me right there. I was so terrified but so angry."

Holmes was caught on CCTV in Sheffield city centre hiding behind walls and watching lone women after he had spent the afternoon and evening drinking in town.

Around midnight on November 1 he started following a 21-year-old woman as she made her way home from work, stalking her through the streets for more than a mile.

The woman who realised she was being followed crossed the street three times in an attempt to escape him.

As Holmes continued to pursue his victim she took out her mobile phone to call her partner and put her keys inside her hand to protect herself if needed.

Holmes then ran at her pushing her into bushes close to the Nuffield gym on Napier Street - close to where Sheffield Hallam University student Caroline Everest was last seen with a man in the early hours of November 22.

The woman managed to punch him twice in the stomach with the keys in her hand and started to scream.

Two passers-by heard the woman's cries for help and Holmes jumped over some railing as he tried to escape, injuring himself in the process.

Rachael Harrison prosecuting said his victim said: "He won't do anything like this to a woman again."

Police caught up with Holmes at 1.30am and he later told officers he couldn't remember what happened due to drink.

Holmes who appeared via video link from prison, previously admitted sexual assault was jailed for four-and-a-half years on Tuesday (December 1).

Sentencing Holmes, Judge Sarah Wright praised the woman for fighting back as well as the help from passers-by.

She told Holmes she had "no doubt whatsoever" he had targeted the young woman deliberately.

She said his victim had "fought back with considerable bravery and courage".

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2015-12-02/would-be-rapist-left-battered-and-bruised-after-victim-fights-back/

Pony
12-02-2015, 05:27 PM
The woman managed to punch him twice in the stomach with the keys in her hand and started to scream.

Two passers-by heard the woman's cries for help and Holmes jumped over some railing as he tried to escape, injuring himself in the process.

Yep, I'm sure that's exactly how his face got all messed up. :lol:

HyperV12
12-02-2015, 05:29 PM
:clap:

redred
12-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Yep, I'm sure that's exactly how his face got all messed up. :lol:

move along nothing to see here :lol:

Goofy
12-02-2015, 05:49 PM
He got off lightly :)

PorkChopSandwiches
12-02-2015, 06:28 PM
:tup:

Hal-9000
12-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I know a girl (personally) who had taken regular kick boxing for years. Her Dad also enrolled her in woman's boxing when she turned 13. She's pretty attractive, around 140 lbs and 5' 8'' when I knew her.

Some guy outside of a bar tried to put her up against a car and molest her, and she schooled the fuck out of him :lol: I wasn't there but apparently she put the guy down and got on top of him, wailing on his face. The bouncers had to separate her from the guy. He was put in a paramedic unit, then taken to a hospital. After the stitches etc he was charged for assault. She got a copy of his booking photo and keeps it with her. Dude looked like this guy above except her guy had fat lips and was cut all over the mouth and nose.

When I broke my leg she would come to my house and take me for drives to get booze, weed and just to leave the house for a while. She tore her ACL the same summer as I broke my leg, she had an operation and still came by my house to go out for drives. She drove a standard after her ACL operation and grunted every time she shifted...and drove very fast. Toughest chick I've ever met.

Hugh_Janus
12-02-2015, 08:36 PM
#rekt