PDA

View Full Version : 'She took my life, so I take hers,' West Springfield murder defendant wrote before rival's killing, records show

Teh One Who Knocks
12-04-2015, 01:18 PM
By Jack Flynn - Mass Live

http://i.imgur.com/0cFe37C.jpg

WEST SPRINGFIELD – Two days before being charged with killing her former boyfriend's new girlfriend, Christen Longley wrote a note to her ex, according to court records.

"David, I always loved you," she told David Cullison, who was her boyfriend for 15 years.

"Sorry I had to do this. But I know you were gone for good. She took my life so I take hers," she added.

The note, punctuated with a heart symbol, was seized by investigators from Cullison's apartment Friday night after Longley, 31, allegedly killed Jennifer Best, 30, with a single stab wound to the neck.

A black folding knife and a sweatshirt were also seized as evidence from the Chester Street apartment, according to records filed in Springfield District Court.

Longley pleaded not guilty to a murder charge Monday and is being held without bail.

In a statement to police, Longley admitted to struggling with Best, but said she blacked out before the stabbing.

Witnesses told police they heard Best say "she stabbed me" and moments later wrested the knife away from Longley, according to the arrest report.

"Cullison took the knife out of Longley's hand and identified it as the knife she carries all the time," the report said.

Trouble between the two women began when Cullison broke up with Longley and began seeing Best, according to witness statements in the court file.

Following the break up, Cullison continued to have contact with Longley, despite mounting tension between the two women, the records show.

On Friday night, Longley left work at Dunkin' Donuts and went to 31 Chester St., where Cullison had been staying with his uncle, Robert Larock said in his statement to police.

She showed Best several texts indicating that Cullison and her had been together earlier in the week, leading to an argument, Larock said.

"I heard a commotion and then Christen and Jen came crashing through my (bedroom) door," Larock said.

"Jen was yelling 'she stabbed me' and David (Cullison) was trying to separate them. Christen wouldn't give up the knife...," Larock said.

"Christen said something like 'she took my life, I'm taking hers;' I heard her say something like that twice," he added.

Before moving in with his uncle, Cullison had been living with Best and Longley on Birch Park Circle, Larock said.

"David and Christen had moved into Jen's place for a short while; I guess David and Christen had a falling out and David and Jennifer got together," he told police.

In her statement to police, Longley said she and Best had been trading threatening phone calls and texts for several days.

In one call, Best allegedly made a veiled threat against her 12-year-old daughter, Longley told police.

On Wednesday, Longley responded with a veiled threat of her own in the note to Cullison. It is unclear whether Cullison received the note before Best's death.

perrhaps
12-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Now you know why Playboy never did a "Girls of Dunkin Donuts" pictorial.

Godfather
12-06-2015, 01:26 AM
"David and Christen had moved into Jen's place for a short while; I guess David and Christen had a falling out and David and Jennifer got together"

Ah no good ever comes out of a couple living together with someone who is single.