PDA

View Full Version : Black Youth Project 100 Leader Calls For Chicago Police To Be Defunded

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2015, 01:51 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/9LQEDtu.png

Breanna Champion, co-chair of the Black Youth Project 100, called for the Chicago Police Department to be defunded on Dec. 10 (video below).

Champion, who helped organize a protest outside the police headquarters on Dec. 9, told MSNBC that defunding law enforcement was one of her group's main goals, notes Mediaite.com.

“So, getting Mayor Rahm Emanuel to resign is definitely not the main goal of the movement right now,” Champion stated.

“In Chicago, police receive 40 percent of our city’s budget to remain operational," Champion added. "That is completely unheard of and unacceptable. One of our major demands is that police be defunded and that that money used to fund police be used to fund black futures, and be used to fund our communities and things that we need."

Champion didn't say who or what would take the place of the Chicago police, but mentioned there would be more protests and that her group does want Emanuel to resign.

The Black Youth Project 100 website states:

"We demand all local, state and federal budgets to defund the police and invest those dollars and resources in Black futures."

"We want reparations for chattel slavery, Jim Crow and mass incarceration."

"We want to end all profit from so-called 'criminal justice' punishment – both public and private."

"We want a guaranteed income for all, living wages, a federal jobs program, and freedom from discrimination for all workers."

"We want the labor of Black transgender and cisgender women (unseen and seen, unpaid and paid) to be valued and supported, not criminalized and marginalized."

"We want investments in Black communities that promote economic sustainability and eliminate the displacement of our people."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prwNUL3TzIA

RBP
12-11-2015, 03:52 PM
:rofl:

The onion is awesome.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2015, 03:59 PM
:rofl:

The onion is awesome.

:racist: for dismissing their demands as a joke :nono:

perrhaps
12-12-2015, 10:46 AM
This just in. In a show of solidarity, the Chicago PD has agreed to immediately suspend all patrols and criminal investigations in the City's South and West sides.

Loser
12-13-2015, 12:48 AM
On a real note, RBP, be careful.

Word is protestors are pulling people out of their cars on michigan ave and beating them...

*got that info about an hour ago*

Goofy
12-13-2015, 01:43 AM

Word is protestors are pulling people out of their cars on michigan ave and beating them...

It's coming :| Thank fuck i live over here in rain-land

RBP
12-13-2015, 08:33 AM

What? really? I was in the city all night, didn't see any protesters on Michigan Ave. :dunno:

Although I did have a fucked up ghetto tour tonight for some reason. I was just doing the numbers as a matter of fact. I totaled up homicides and shootings in the shitholes I dropped someone off in, plus one I had a long drive through to get out. In those 5 neighborhoods, in 2015, there have been 96 homicides and another 556 shot.

deebakes
12-13-2015, 03:31 PM
:pray: for :wbp: