PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day: Resurgence | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M

DemonGeminiX
12-14-2015, 12:49 PM
If they delete the campiness of the first one, this might turn out to be a good flick.

Goofy
12-14-2015, 12:54 PM
If they delete the campiness of the first one, this might turn out to be a good flick.

I have to admit i pretty much loved the first one :lol: Mind you, i've always liked Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum and Randy Quaid so that helps :) No Robert Loggia in this though :( :rip:

Goofy
12-14-2015, 12:58 PM
User quote on youtube:

Lets hope the aliens didn't discover anti virus software.

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 01:13 PM
7 Famous Movie Flaws That Were Explained in Deleted Scenes

#6. Independence Day

Are you kind of a nerd? Have you seen Independence Day? What's the problem we're about to point out here? Exactly. Fully half of you reading this have just screamed to the heavens in futile rage about the probability of the famous Apple OS/advanced alien mothership compatibility issue. Even here at Cracked, we've drawn attention to this once or twice in one of our articles (like this one, this one, this one, this one and, well, this one.)

Essentially, Jeff Goldblum is reminded that the word "virus" exists, which is all the motivation and know-how he needs to hack a completely alien spacecraft with a mid-90s PowerBook. We can't even get our damn Xboxes to play pirated copies of Step Up 2 the Streets from our computer, and they were made specifically to interact with one another, yet the dude from Jurassic Park somehow manages to encode a goddamn .GIF of a laughing skull in there when he takes out the mothership with the cutting edge power of MacOS 7.6.

But in the seven minutes of cut scenes included in the extended release Independence Day DVD, Goldblum is actually shown tinkering with his PowerBook inside the recovered craft from the Roswell crash site, mumbling something about how the spaceship was running off the same programming language he was able to decipher before (when he first uncovered their invasion plans and all that).

So, he presumably worked from there and was able to code some disruptive program and translate it into their language or whatever. It's still flimsy as hell, but it at least proves the filmmakers were aware of and willing to address the problem, thus defusing a decade and a half of pent-up nerd-rage.

Goofy
12-14-2015, 01:16 PM
7 Famous Movie Flaws That Were Explained in Deleted Scenes

#6. Independence Day

Are you kind of a nerd? Have you seen Independence Day? What's the problem we're about to point out here? Exactly. Fully half of you reading this have just screamed to the heavens in futile rage about the probability of the famous Apple OS/advanced alien mothership compatibility issue. Even here at Cracked, we've drawn attention to this once or twice in one of our articles (like this one, this one, this one, this one and, well, this one.)

Essentially, Jeff Goldblum is reminded that the word "virus" exists, which is all the motivation and know-how he needs to hack a completely alien spacecraft with a mid-90s PowerBook. We can't even get our damn Xboxes to play pirated copies of Step Up 2 the Streets from our computer, and they were made specifically to interact with one another, yet the dude from Jurassic Park somehow manages to encode a goddamn .GIF of a laughing skull in there when he takes out the mothership with the cutting edge power of MacOS 7.6.

But in the seven minutes of cut scenes included in the extended release Independence Day DVD, Goldblum is actually shown tinkering with his PowerBook inside the recovered craft from the Roswell crash site, mumbling something about how the spaceship was running off the same programming language he was able to decipher before (when he first uncovered their invasion plans and all that).

So, he presumably worked from there and was able to code some disruptive program and translate it into their language or whatever. It's still flimsy as hell, but it at least proves the filmmakers were aware of and willing to address the problem, thus defusing a decade and a half of pent-up nerd-rage.

tbh, when i watch an action movie i tend to leave my brain at the door and just look to be entertained for an hour and a half or so :)

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 06:18 PM
that scene on the roof with all of the people waiting/cheering for the aliens as the ship moves down over top of them...and then cremates everybody and the building :lol:

is one of my favorite scenes from any movie