Teh One Who Knocks
12-15-2015, 12:17 PM
I still haven't seen the last one yet

DemonGeminiX
12-15-2015, 12:25 PM
I was kind of :meh: about the last one.

Godfather
12-16-2015, 03:26 AM
Looks like it'll be enjoyable. These movies are fun... just like most high budget action/adventure sci-fi movies are....

But I miss what I felt Star Trek, TNG, and Voyager really meant to me which was the new adventures, human elements, the challenges of long missions to bold new places. I'd love to see a new series.

redred
12-16-2015, 06:50 AM
:yawn:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2015, 11:56 AM
I was kind of :meh: about the last one.

And that's what I'm afraid of, you're a lot more forgiving than I am on these movies and if you felt that way about the 2nd one, I'm almost afraid to watch it :|

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Looks like it'll be enjoyable. These movies are fun... just like most high budget action/adventure sci-fi movies are....

But I miss what I felt Star Trek, TNG, and Voyager really meant to me which was the new adventures, human elements, the challenges of long missions to bold new places. I'd love to see a new series.

I've always said that the first Star Trek remake was a good sci-fi film....but a horrible Star Trek film. It's all flash, not a lot of substance, and it of course deviates completely from all Star Trek cannon because Abrams didn't want to be 'constrained' by the 40+ years of the Star Trek universe when he was making his film.

DemonGeminiX
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
And that's what I'm afraid of, you're a lot more forgiving than I am on these movies and if you felt that way about the 2nd one, I'm almost afraid to watch it :|

When you reintroduce iconic characters with different actors, it's really hard. 9 times out of 10, it doesn't work. Now I like Benedict Cumberbatch a lot and I'm sincerely looking forward to his Stephen Strange, but I'll be the first to admit that he's no Ricardo Montalban. He is an awesome actor, through and through, but he just didn't have the gravitas that Montalban had as Khan. There was no consumed by hatred, out for vengeance in this one that made The Wrath of Khan such a deep and exciting flick. The original was a poetic masterpiece. If it was a new character, I probably would have been able to get past it and see the film as a decent addition to the new cannon. To a much lesser degree, the few parallels with the original ST2 felt kind of hollow, but I could forgive that, if not for Khan.

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2016, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyv5xKIqlw&ab_channel=MovieclipsTrailers

The first trailer was underwhelming, but this trailer actually makes me want to see this film.

KevinD
05-21-2016, 06:50 PM
I'll be seeing it. I kinda like the new ST.