PDA

View Full Version : Sir Ridley Scott confirms the return of iconic Alien creatures for Covenant

Teh One Who Knocks
12-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Nicholas Reilly for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/VeSQwdo.png

He is responsible for creating some of the most feared creatures in cinematic history – and now Sir Ridley Scott has confirmed that they’ll be returning for new movie Alien: Covenant.

The 78-year-old director is returning to helm the latest instalment in the iconic Alien franchise – and has confirmed that all the old nasties will return.

When quizzed about the creatures in the film, he said: ‘We’ll have them all. Egg, Face-Hugger, Chest-Burster, then the Big Boy.’

The Oscar-winning director also revealed a few plot details, and explained where the film will fit in with the rest of the series.

He told TheWrap: ‘They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from and come across the evolving creature that they had made.

‘Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast?

‘It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it?’

It was also recently announced that the new films will be a trilogy, meaning that the storyline is unlikely to come full circle until the last film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=CZ8AblM28Bs

He previously said: ‘I’m now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we’ll kind of pick it up there and evolve.

‘When that’s finished there’ll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979.

‘So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered.’

Alien: Covenant is due to hit cinemas in October 2017.

Goofy
12-15-2015, 12:41 PM
:woot: Ages away though :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
12-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Don't know how I feel about this.