PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz: 'Pampered Teens' At Colleges Too Worried About 'Micro-Aggressions'

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2015, 12:24 PM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/eZBvGg0.jpg

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas graduated from Princeton University in 1992, but he doesn’t seem to hold the lauded institution’s current students in high regard.

Princeton students have been campaigning to take down memorials of former Princeton President and President of the United States Woodrow Wilson for his racism, which Cruz slammed in an interview with Adam Corolla for the host's podcast that was broadcast on Dec. 17.

"Now there is an irony, Adam, that Woodrow Wilson was a big government progressive liberal Democrat," Cruz said, according to Real Clear Politics. "I am not a fan of Woodrow Wilson. I think he did a lot of damage to this country and it is more than ironic that the protestors are going after leftist big government liberals."

Cruz said the move would erase history. “Listen, was Woodrow Wilson an unabashed racist? Yes. Should we talk about that? Should we condemn it? Yes. But we shouldn't be engaged in this bizarre process of erasing our history because it offends our ears. And I think this is something that the media pushes but I do think that the American people are fed up with. There is a reservoir of common sense that realizes this is dumb.”

Cruz also attacked college students throughout the U.S., many of whom have grown more vocal about social injustice and systemic inequality. “You see at universities, these essentially pampered teenagers, many of them from very wealthy homes, who complain that they don’t want to hear anything that they disagree with, that it is a micro-aggression. And it is the most bizarre and anti-academic notion you can have,” he said, according to The Hill.

Cruz claimed the issue was both moral and ethical. “The best cure for bad speech is more speech. And we shouldn't be raising a generation of young people that are so pampered that they never have heard anything that offends them,” he said. “Well, we don't have a right not to be offended. We have a moral obligation to speech the truth and to confront evil."

Jezter
12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Atta boy, Teddy! :tup:

RBP
12-18-2015, 03:16 PM
I might almost like the guy for that. Might.

KevinD
12-18-2015, 05:28 PM
He's a good guy. Straight talker. That's why the Republican establishment hates him.

HyperV12
12-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Well bugger me, a Polititian said something sensible! He won't last long.

deebakes
12-19-2015, 08:45 PM
:rip: