PDA

View Full Version : Kim Kardashian Makes Placenta Pills To Avoid Postpartum Depression

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2015, 12:31 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/udWA472.png

Reality TV star Kim Kardashian plans to eat her placenta in pill form after giving birth to her second child, Saint. However, there is no scientific evidence linking placentophagy (eating the placenta) with health benefits, experts say.

Kardashian tweeted on Dec. 14, "My experience eating my placenta is up on my app!"

She included a picture of her newly-manufactured placenta pills and a link to her blog, which offers seven days of free reading, but people must provide a credit card to get past the multi-millionaire's pay wall.

"When I say 'eat my placenta,' I mean that I'm having it freeze-dried and made into a pill form — not actually fry it like a steak and eat it (which some people do, BTW)," the 35-year-old celebrity wrote on her blog, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"I heard so many stories when I was pregnant with North of moms who never ate their placenta with their first baby and then had postpartum depression, but then when they took the pills with their second baby, they did not suffer from depression!" Kardashian added. "So I thought, why not try it? What do I have to lose?"

​"I really didn't want the baby blues and thought I can't go wrong with taking a pill made of my own hormones — made by me, for me," Kardashian continued. "I started researching and read about so many moms who felt this same way and said the overall healing process was so much easier."

However, ​a recent study on placentophagy found there were no benefits for humans or animals that eat the organ, which helps provide nutrients and protection for the unborn baby, The Independent reports.

Dr. Iffath Hoskins, a gynecologist at the New York University Langone Medical Center, echoed that conclusion to the New York Daily News in January.

"There is no absolutely scientific analysis of this," Hoskins said. 'It's five people here, six people here, an actress, a neighbor, a cousin."

Hoskins added that when mothers send their placenta off to drug companies to have the organ made into pills or droplets, they don't know what ingredients are mixed in with it because of the lack of regulation.

Eating the placenta might also reintroduce any viruses or bacteria that the organ kept away from the unborn baby.

fricnjay
12-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Whats really sad is I bet people would buy them for big bucks. :facepalm:

Hugh_Janus
12-18-2015, 10:33 PM
:puke:

redred
12-18-2015, 10:58 PM
nasty

deebakes
12-19-2015, 08:43 PM
even her placenta is black on the inside :shock: