PDA

View Full Version : Flying bear kills two Canadians in freak accident

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Reporting by David Ljunggren; editing by Peter Galloway

OTTAWA (Reuters) – Two Canadians died instantly in a freak accident when a car hit a 440-pound (200-kg) black bear and sent the animal flying straight through the windshield of an oncoming vehicle, local media said Wednesday.

The bear's body hit the 25-year-old driver and a 40-year-old man sitting behind her and then shot out of the back window. The bear also died.

The accident happened Monday night in a rural area about 25 miles north of the federal capital Ottawa.

"We don't see (this) often, even if we live in the country. Lots of deer, but collisions with a bear and two people died? That's really rare," local police spokesman Martin Fournel told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

Collisions between vehicles and animals are common in Canada, which has a healthy population of large wild animals such as moose and deer.

AntZ
06-09-2011, 08:33 PM
The bear's body hit the 25-year-old driver and a 40-year-old man sitting behind her and then shot out of the back window. The bear also died.

I expected that! :-s

I would have been surprised if it just got up and walked away! :huh:

Acid Trip
06-09-2011, 09:02 PM
:worthless:

AntZ
06-09-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvG2UwcSwmo

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 10:18 PM
My uncle was driving a caddy and a deer jumped out at night on the highway....if you saw the front end of his car you'd be amazed he survived.

AntZ
06-09-2011, 10:35 PM
My dad worked for Kenworth for many years, he told me about an accident they examined for design improvements. A guy was driving his rig and saw a pig on the highway, he blew the horn hoping it would flee, but it just stayed there. He knew he couldn't stop in time, so he gassed it and figured he would squash the pig like a bug?? He hit the pig and it tore the entire front axle out and shoved it back almost to the rear axles. It was a mess, animals can do all sorts of damage!

Hal-9000
06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
a moose will stop a car going 70 miles an hour....and what happens to the occupants?

they get a free ride over the moose and out to the pavement

deebakes
06-10-2011, 02:51 AM
:usa:

Arkady Renko
06-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I guess now we'll never see IFBear back again.