PDA

View Full Version : Lost Boys actor Brooke McCarter dies at 52

redred
12-23-2015, 11:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SgLEpYF.jpg

Brooke McCarter, best known for playing a vampire in The Lost Boys, has died at the age of 52, his family has said.
The US actor played Paul, a member of Kiefer Sutherland's blood-sucking gang, in the 1987 horror comedy film.
In a statement, his "heartbroken" family said he died on Tuesday "from the genetic liver condition alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT)".
The message describes McCarter as a "loving son, brother, father, uncle, cousin, nephew and friend".
The Facebook statement added: "We appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
Born in 1963 in Philadelphia, McCarter was a high school athlete and model before landing his best-known screen role.
As blond-haired "lost boy" Paul, he met a grisly end after being knocked by a dog into a bath full of garlic-infused holy water.

Unlike some of his co-stars, who included Jason Patric, Corey Feldman and the late Corey Haim, McCarter did not go on to pursue a full-time acting career.
Instead he worked in the telecommunications industry while also making music and occasionally appearing at horror conventions.
According to People magazine, the father-of-one died from liver failure at his home in Tampa, Florida, after having been admitted to hospital earlier this year.
Actor Alex Winter, who played vampire Marko in The Lost Boys, paid tribute to his former co-star on Twitter.
"RIP Brooke McCarter and condolences to the family," he wrote. "We had some very very good times together back in the day."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35167035

Hal-9000
12-23-2015, 05:34 PM
I loved that movie :thumbsup:

Goofy
12-23-2015, 05:36 PM
I loved that movie :thumbsup:

Ditto :thumbsup:

Noilly Pratt
12-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Me too. I loved the soundtrack. Echo and the Bunnymen's "People are Strange" was a highlight.

Griffin
12-24-2015, 02:17 AM
I just like seeing Jami Gertz.

deebakes
12-24-2015, 02:32 AM
:rip: