PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Teen Fires Back At School After Being Sent Home For Outfit That Will 'Distract Boys'

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2015, 12:42 PM
By Brendan Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/PvsB2oH.jpg

An Oklahoma teen has fired back at her school after being sent home for violating the dress code.

High school student Rose Lynn from Lawton, Oklahoma, was sent home from school for wearing a long cardigan, a tank top, leggings, and boots because the school said that her tank top was not covering her crotch.

Lynn, frustrated with the school’s decision, which she found to be sexist as they said her outfit would “distract boys,” decided to wear a long, oversized t-shirt on which she wrote the school a message.

On the front side of the shirt, the teen wrote, “It doesn’t cover your crotch” and on the back side, she wrote, “You’ll distract the boys.”

Rose Lynn shared a picture of her homemade shirt on Facebook and wrote a caption suggesting that the school teach “young men to respect the boundaries of young ladies.”

The post went viral on social media, with over 15,000 shares, nearly 5,000 comments, and nearly 17,000 likes.

Read Rose Lynn’s full Facebook post below.

So today I was sent home from class, after being in school for two hours, for my outfit. Because I'm developed farther than the average girl my age, I am required to go home and change... Because I look like a CURVY woman and may distract young boys, I have to miss class and change my outfit. So once again, society has failed to advocate young ladies, by confining them in a box, where they are stripped from their sense of self respect and self expression, rather than teaching young men to respect the boundaries of young ladies. My response: #Feminism #YoullDistractTheBoys #SocietyIsFailing

redred
12-23-2015, 12:53 PM
standard school uniform would sort these problems out

Goofy
12-23-2015, 01:48 PM
standard school uniform would sort these problems out

:agreed:

RBP
12-24-2015, 04:43 AM
I expect the school's rule is very simple. You can't wear leggings or yoga pants that aren't covered.

She violated it and was sent home.

Then went all feminist hate on it. #freethecameltoe

Anyone want to take that bet?

Griffin
12-24-2015, 04:58 AM
How about the parents that are going to act shocked when she ends up pregnant during her freshman year of college after her amateur gangbang film shows up on the internet.

RBP
12-24-2015, 05:02 AM
I just said, not 5 minutes ago, where are her parents? I would tell my daughter to take her camel toe selfie down, change into something that doesn't violate the dress code, thrown her stupid ass protest t-shirt away, and get back to class.