PDA

View Full Version : Redred? ...some bike stuff

Hal-9000
06-10-2011, 01:55 AM
My buddy at work rides his bicycle every day to work.He doesn't drive a car.In fact, he missed only one day through our winter last year :lol: ....he is hardcore.

He's on a bike forum and picked this up there.Check it out till the end :thumbsup:
I have mixed feelings about cyclists because some of them ride like idiots.

This guy makes a good point tho :lol:

http://www.grist.org/list/2011-06-09-this-guy-crashed-his-bike-into-a-taxi-for-you/?ref=se

redred
06-15-2011, 04:00 PM
this guy made the news over here as well ,good on him and loved the cop car crash right at the end

Jezter
06-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I have mixed feelings about cyclists because some of them ride like idiots.

And motorists don't?

Muddy
06-15-2011, 04:43 PM
fucking police man... what a bunch of cocks..

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 05:50 PM
And motorists don't?

I think he's talking about cyclists in North America ;)

And I agree with Hal, there are a few 'militant' cyclists that ruin it for everyone else. I swear sometimes that if I could get away with it, I would just run them over. :|

redred
06-15-2011, 05:57 PM
theres bad apples on both sides

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
theres bad apples on both sides

Dude, there are bicyclists here that if they are riding up through some of the canyons on the windy mountain roads, uphill no less, that they will ride right in the middle of the lane on purpose just so you can't get by them because they know it's too dangerous for you to try and pass them with them that far out in the road.

And even though it's legal in Denver for bicycles to ride on the sidewalks, there are some that purposely ride their bikes right in the lanes of the highways in busy areas of the city just like they were a motorcycle, all the while holding up traffic and not even trying to get out of the way of cars/trucks.

redred
06-15-2011, 06:03 PM
yes we have them over here as well ,they run red lights hop on and off pavements ,shoot straight across cross roads ,but then so do some people in cars

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh no doubt, I get pissed off at car drivers too when they do shit like that, the difference is, vehicles have license plates so that you can report someone for doing something stupid where you almost get hurt or cause an accident. Bicycles have no such way of being traced unless you can follow them.

And vehicle owners pay to register their vehicles so they can use the roads, yet another thing bicycles don't have to do.

Hal-9000
06-15-2011, 06:39 PM
And motorists don't?

Nawww most of the motorists in our country don't ride bikes while driving cars...

Cyclists that ride side by side rather in tandem, cyclists that ride 15 feet from the curb and cyclists that think they can ride their bikes in the same fashion as cars, getting into turning lanes, riding on thoroughfares or freeways where they're not allowed....they need to be ticketed.Any cyclist that puts me in the oncoming lane of traffic needs to get punched.We have bike lanes and a million bike paths in our city, yet we always see cyclists riding on the road beside the paths.I'll promise to stay off the bike path with my car if they agree to share the road.And bike couriers? They weave in and out of lanes of traffic and then cry foul when someone clips them.I have no sympathy.I was a full time cyclist until I was 24.I rode my bike to parties, to the liquor store...everywhere :lol: So it's not like I don't know the rules.In our country cyclists are supposed to get off of their bikes and walk them across intersections.I don't expect that but I do expect them to stay out of car turning lanes (left) and not force me across a solid line into oncoming traffic because they're chatting with their friend.

Jezter
06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I think I will still have to agree with Red when he said there are bad apples on both sides. Sucky motorists, sucky bicyclists...even if just a handful on both sides, but they still ruin it for others.

Hal-9000
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM
oh for sure Jez...you may note I said "some of them ride like idiots'...not "most" of them or "all" of them...only some.
and don't get me started on motorists....our city has turned into a - do anything, anytime you feel like it, driving environment.

My buddy from work who rides agrees with me about idiot cyclists, and he's been knocked off of his bike by an asshole motorist :lol:

We have painted bike lanes on some of your streets and I think that's a good idea.But not when they dart out of their 8 foot lane and expect me to react.
Cars drive at an average speed of 50km around our city, cyclists don't.

There has to be give and take both ways or someone is getting hurt.