PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hamill Skips TV Talk Show To Visit Children's Hospital

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2015, 12:41 PM
By Micahel Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/nezXKWU.png

Mark Hamill, who reprises his role as Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," gave up a TV talk show appearance in London to visit sick children at a local hospital on Dec. 17.

"It feels wonderful," Hamill told the London Evening Standard. "It can be harrowing emotionally because your heart goes out to these children, but it’s also very uplifting. You walk away thinking that being an actor is so trivial compared to helping needy children.”

The 64-year-old actor met dozens of kids, gave out presents and greeted the hospital staff.

“Rather than going on TV chat shows I would rather give back somehow by going to hospitals," Hamill added. "I want to do more of that."

While some of Hamill's co-stars appeared on the "Graham Norton Show" to promote the blockbuster, Hamill asked readers to give to the newspaper's "Give To Gosh" campaign to benefit the hospital.

“Star Wars movies are meant to be a couple of hours of diversion from reality, and we need that," Hamill stated. "They are optimistic and hopeful stories. But in comparison to what we can do with this [the hospital], last night [the Star Wars premiere] is very trivial.”

According to Entertainment Weekly, Hamill also visited youngsters at Children's Hospital Los Angeles with Darth Vader, stormtroopers and R2-D2 as part of the "Star Wars: Force for Change" initiative.

Hamill wrote on Facebook on Dec. 11 about that visit: "Feeling the pure joy & exuberance of those children up close & personal is a gift to cherish."

Goofy
12-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Good guy Luke :tup:

DemonGeminiX
12-24-2015, 02:21 PM
The Force is strong with this one. :thumbsup:

Goofy
12-24-2015, 02:31 PM
The Force is strong with this one. :thumbsup:

http://i.imgur.com/kdcUvjp.gif

DemonGeminiX
12-24-2015, 02:36 PM